The UMKC Kangaroos (3-10), who are currently on a five-game losing streak, will attempt to get back in the win column when they welcome the South Dakota State Jackrabbits (8-4) to Municipal Auditorium. Action begins at 7 p.m. ET on Friday, December 22, 2017.
South Dakota State Jackrabbits at UMKC Kangaroos Odds Preview
The Jackrabbits were victorious over the Drake Bulldogs in their last outing, 87-74. Mike Daum was the top scorer from either team with 35 points on 14-for-24 shooting. South Dakota State played a nearly flawless game. They had an extraordinary offensive rebounding percentage of 38.7 (above their season average of 26.5) and a free throw rate of 0.190 (below their season average of 0.245). Drake recorded marks of 14.3 and 0.167, respectively, for those same stats.
In the Kangaroos last game, they were defeated by the Central Michigan Chippewas, 92-86. Xavier Bishop was UMKC’s high scorer with 23 points on 8-for-17 shooting. Central Michigan did a terrific job of making free throws (26-33; 78.8 percent). UMKC, meanwhile, had a better turnover percentage (13.6 vs. 15.5).
It could be a tough game for UMKC on the offensive glass. The Kangaroos are among the nations elite on the offensive glass, ranking 333rd in offensive rebounding percentage at 21.7 percent. Meanwhile, South Dakota State ranks fourth in the NCAA at corralling defensive rebounds with a defensive rebounding percentage of 78.5 percent.
Bishop has taken his game to another level over the last five games for UMKC, averaging 16.0 points, 3.6 assists and 1.6 steals per game.
This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams, after the Jackrabbits won the only game last season, 77-68. The Jackrabbits dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a superb free throw rate of 0.313 and a fantastic effective field goal percentage of 0.646. The Kangaroos recorded marks of 0.190 and 0.491, respectively, for those same stats.
South Dakota State Jackrabbits vs. UMKC Kangaroos Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – South Dakota State, ATS Winner – South Dakota State, O/U – Under
- The Jackrabbits rank 84th in assists per game (15.2) while the Kangaroos rank 136th in assists allowed per game (13.6).
- UMKC ranks 43rd in steals allowed per game (5.4) while South Dakota State ranks 61st (5.8).
- South Dakota State ranks 45th in rebounds per game (39.6) while UMKC ranks 267th in rebounds allowed per game (42.1).
- The Kangaroos average 27.8 three pointers per game, which ranks 21st in the nation. The Jackrabbits rank 238th in three pointers allowed per game (25.8).
- South Dakota State ranks 25th in blocks allowed per game (2.3) while UMKC ranks 140th (4.2).
- The Kangaroos average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 10.4, up from 5.3 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Jackrabbits have scored an average of 95.4 points per game (10.2 above their season average) and allowed an average of 82.2 points per game (6.4 above their season average).