The South Dakota State Jackrabbits (24-8), 7-point underdogs, go head-to-head with the Texas Longhorns (16-16) in the NIT at Frank Erwin Special Events Center. The game’s Over/Under (O/U) opened at 151.5 points and it will air on ESPN at 9 p.m. ET on Tuesday, March 19, 2019.
South Dakota State Jackrabbits at Texas Longhorns ATS Odds
Both teams fell in their last matchup. The Longhorns lost to the 17th-ranked Kansas Jayhawks, 65-57, while the Jackrabbits lost a winnable game to the Western Illinois Leathernecks, 79-76.
South Dakota State had a free throw rate of 0.293 (above their season average of 0.253) while Texas had a much better turnover percentage (11.3 vs. 16.7). Texas received a boost from Dylan Osetkowski, who had 18 points and seven rebounds. Mike Daum, meanwhile played well for South Dakota State, recording 16 points and 11 rebounds.
Just over half of the Jackrabbits’ games have finished over the O/U total. South Dakota State comes into the game with records of 24-8 straight up (SU) and 14-17 against the spread (ATS).
Of the Longhorns’ 32 games, 19 have finished under the total. Additionally, Texas is 16-16 SU and 15-17 ATS.
Texas could put on a ball-control clinic in this meeting. Texas ranks 43rd in the NCAA at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 16.5 percent), while South Dakota State forces the 28th-fewest turnovers (16.0 percent). Opposite styles will be on display in this showdown. The up-and-down Jackrabbits rank 43rd in possessions per game, while the more methodical Longhorns rank 301st.
South Dakota State Jackrabbits at Texas Longhorns Betting Pick
Free Prediction: SU Winner – Texas, ATS Winner – Texas, O/U – Over
- Texas ranks 65th in three pointers allowed per game (20.3) while South Dakota State ranks 302nd (29.8).
- The Longhorns rank 48th in assists allowed per game (11.4) while the Jackrabbits rank 122nd (12.7).
- Texas ranks 41st in steals allowed per game (5.3) while South Dakota State ranks 59th (5.5).
- The Jackrabbits rank 42nd in rebounds per game (38.2) while the Longhorns rank 225th (33.8).
- Texas ranks 65th in blocks per game (4.1) while South Dakota State ranks 225th (2.0).
- The Jackrabbits’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 6.4, down from 11.6 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Longhorns have scored an average of 66.6 points per game (4.2 below their season average) and allowed an average of 71.4 points per game (4.4 above their season average).