The South Dakota State Jackrabbits (17-5, 5-0 Summit) will try to prolong their eight-game winning streak against the South Dakota Coyotes (17-5, 5-1 Summit) at Sanford Coyote Sports Center. The Over/Under (O/U) for the game has been set at 158 points with South Dakota opening as a 3-point favorite. Action begins at 8 p.m. ET on Wednesday, January 24, 2018, and it can be seen on ESPN Full Court.
South Dakota State Jackrabbits vs. South Dakota Coyotes Free Preview
The Jackrabbits dismantled the Western Illinois Leathernecks in their last outing, 98-70. David Jenkins Jr. was the games high scorer with 27 points on 9-for-13 shooting. South Dakota State dominated every facet of the game. They had a free throw rate of 0.273 (matching their season average) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 17.6 (below their season average of 25.7). Western Illinois recorded marks of 0.145 and 10.3, respectively, for those same stats.
In the Coyotes last matchup, they defeated the Omaha Mavericks, 85-71. With 25 points on 8-for-17 shooting, Tyler Hagedorn was the top scorer from either team. South Dakota dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a phenomenal free throw rate of 0.356 (above their season average of 0.284) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 36.7 (above their season average of 31.5). Omaha was 0.138 and 19.4, respectively, for those same stats.
This showdown figures to be a shootout as a pair of the NCAA’s premier offenses go head-to-head. South Dakota ranks 49th with 113.3 points per 100 possessions and South Dakota State is seventh (119.7).
Of South Dakota State’s 16 games that accepted bets, 11 have finished over the O/U total, while 9 of South Dakota’s 17 games have finished over the projected point total. Both teams have very similar records straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS). The Jackrabbits are 17-5 SU and 11-5 ATS, while the Coyotes are 17-5 SU and 11-6 ATS.
Mike Daum has been outstanding as of late for South Dakota State, averaging 29.8 points and 10.4 rebounds over the last five games.
This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams. The Jackrabbits won two out of three meetings played against each other last season. In the most recent game, South Dakota State won 74-71. South Dakota State did a terrific job of getting and making free throws (22-28; 78.6 percent). South Dakota, meanwhile, had a better turnover percentage (11.3 vs. 16.0).
South Dakota State Jackrabbits vs. South Dakota Coyotes Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – South Dakota State, ATS Winner – South Dakota State, O/U – Over
- The Coyotes rank 81st in rebounds per game (37.5) while the Jackrabbits rank 104th in rebounds allowed per game (33.9).
- South Dakota State and South Dakota rank 41st in steals allows per game (5.3).
- South Dakota State is 7-3 ATS on the road, while South Dakota is 2-4 ATS at home.
- The total has gone over in 9 of the Jackrabbits 10 road games, while 4 of the Coyotes 6 home games have gone over.
- South Dakota State ranks 40th in three pointers attempted per game (26.0) while South Dakota ranks 228th (19.0).
- The Jackrabbits rank 13th in blocks allowed per game (2.3) while the Coyotes rank 82nd (3.2).
- South Dakota ranks 45th in assists allowed per game (11.6) while South Dakota State ranks 84th (12.5).
- South Dakota is 3-2 ATS with 2 overs, 2 unders and 1 push in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, South Dakota State is 4-1 ATS with 4 overs and 1 under.
- The Coyotes average margin of victory in their last five games has been 8.6, down from 13.5 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Jackrabbits have scored an average of 91.6 points per game (4.6 above their season average) and allowed an average of 77.0 points per game (1.9 above their season average).