The South Dakota State Jackrabbits (3-0) are off to a hot start and will try to stay unbeaten when they take on the No. 4 Kansas Jayhawks (2-0) at Allen Fieldhouse. Kansas is a 17.5-point favorite on the opening line, while the games Over/Under (O/U) opened at 149 points. Action gets underway at 8 p.m. ET on Friday, November 17, 2017, and it can be seen on ESPN Full Court.
South Dakota State Jackrabbits at Kansas Jayhawks Free Preview
The Jackrabbits easily got past the Alabama State Hornets in their last game, 94-63. Mike Daum was the games high scorer with 30 points on 9-for-15 shooting. South Dakota State played a nearly perfect game. They had a superb offensive rebounding percentage of 30.8 and a free throw rate of 0.304. Alabama State put up marks of 14.3 and 0.167, respectively, for those same stats.
The last time the Jayhawks played, they defeated the No. 7 Kentucky Wildcats, 65-61. Kansas rallied around Malik Newman, who contributed 12 points and nine rebounds. The Jayhawks had a much better turnover percentage (12.8 vs. 22.2) and had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (38.3 vs. 32.3).
Kansas could have their way on the offensive side of the ball as their prolific offense goes up against one of the worst defenses in the NCAA. The Jayhawks rank 14th in offensive efficiency, while South Dakota State ranks 298th in defensive efficiency dating back to last season.
The Jackrabbits are 21-16 straight up (SU) and 16-17 against the spread (ATS) since last season. South Dakota State games have gone over the O/U total 57.6 percent of the time since last season.
The Jayhawks are 30-4 SU since last season, but are just 16-20 ATS. A little over half of Kansas games have finished over the O/U total over that same period.
South Dakota State Jackrabbits vs. Kansas Jayhawks Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Kansas, ATS Winner – South Dakota State, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Jayhawks rank 54th in blocks per game (4.5) while the Jackrabbits rank 228th (2.4).
- Kansas ranks 33rd in rebounds per game (38.8) while South Dakota State ranks 164th (35.7).
- Kansas ranks 117th in three pointers attempted per game (22.2) while South Dakota State ranks 316th in three pointers allowed per game (27.7).
- The Jayhawks rank 63rd in steals per game (7.1) while the Jackrabbits rank 258th (5.0).
- Kansas ranks 22nd in assists per game (16.4) while South Dakota State ranks 210th in assists allowed per game (14.0).