Summit foes will battle when the Oral Roberts Golden Eagles (10-17, 4-6 Summit) clash with the South Dakota State Jackrabbits (21-6, 9-1 Summit) at Mabee Center. South Dakota State opened as a 6-point favorite, while the Over/Under (O/U) for the game has been set at 152 points. Action gets underway at 8 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 10, 2018, and it can be seen on ESPN Full Court.
South Dakota State Jackrabbits at Oral Roberts Golden Eagles Betting Preview
In the Jackrabbits last outing, they were victorious over the Denver Pioneers, 81-77. David Jenkins Jr. was the top scorer from either team with 31 points on 9-for-17 shooting. South Dakota State played a nearly perfect game. They had an absurdly low turnover percentage of 6.3 (better than their season average of 13.2) and a free throw rate of 0.448 (above their season average of 0.270). Denver was 15.7 and 0.317, respectively, for those same stats.
The Golden Eagles will look to maintain momentum after barely hanging on to beat the North Dakota State Bison in their last contest, 67-66. With 18 points on 6-for-15 shooting, Austin Ruder was the top scorer from either team. The Golden Eagles had a phenomenal offensive rebounding percentage of 39.0 (above their season average of 36.9) and held the Bison to an effective field goal percentage of 0.397 (below their season average of 0.563).
Expect this one to be a clinic on boxing out as two of the NCAA’s top rebounding teams battle. The Golden Eagles rank sixth in offensive rebounding percentage (36.9 percent), while South Dakota State ranks 14th in defensive rebounding percentage (77.1 percent). Furthermore, the 12th-ranked offense of the Jackrabbits (offensive efficiency of 118.0) will face off against the 323rd-ranked defense of the Golden Eagles (defensive efficiency of 112.1).
Games involving these teams have a tendency to finish over the projected point total. South Dakota State games have finished over 57.1 percent of the time, while Oral Roberts games have gone over 59.1 percent of the time. The Jackrabbits hold a sizable advantage in both straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records. They are 21-6 SU and 13-8 ATS, while the Golden Eagles are 10-17 SU and 11-11 ATS.
Mike Daum has been playing at a high level over the last five games for South Dakota State, averaging 23.6 points and 14.2 rebounds per game.
These teams have already met once this season. In that game, the two teams combined to put up 153 points, just under the projected point total of 155. The Jackrabbits won 78-75, but were unable to cover as 11-point favorites. The Jackrabbits dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a solid free throw rate of 0.271 and a solid offensive rebounding percentage of 31.4. The Golden Eagles were 0.074 and 27.8, respectively, for those same stats. Daum put up a double-double in the victory with 27 points and 12 rebounds.
South Dakota State Jackrabbits at Oral Roberts Golden Eagles Betting Prediction
Free Basketball Pick: SU Winner – South Dakota State, ATS Winner – South Dakota State, O/U – Over
- The Jackrabbits rank 26th in steals allowed per game (5.0) while the Golden Eagles rank 145th (6.6).
- South Dakota State ranks 41st in rebounds per game (38.6) while Oral Roberts ranks 157th in rebounds allowed per game (35.0).
- South Dakota State is 7-5 ATS on the road, while Oral Roberts is 6-1 ATS at home.
- In 12 road games, the Jackrabbits have 10 overs and 2 unders.
- The Golden Eagles have 4 overs and 3 unders in 7 home games.
- South Dakota State ranks 69th in assists allowed per game (12.1) while Oral Roberts ranks 257th (16.6).
- The Jackrabbits rank 33rd in three pointers attempted per game (26.3) while the Golden Eagles rank 218th (19.8).
- South Dakota State ranks 14th in blocks allowed per game (2.3) while Oral Roberts ranks 149th (3.9).
- Oral Roberts is 1-2 ATS with 2 unders and 1 over in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, South Dakota State is 2-3 ATS with 4 unders and 1 over.
- The Golden Eagles have outscored opponents by an average of 4.6 points in their last five games. On the season, Oral Roberts has lost by an average of 4.8 points.
- During their last five games, the Jackrabbits have scored an average of 77.8 points per game (7.5 below their season average) and allowed an average of 72.6 points per game (2.0 below their season average).