Summit foes will collide when the North Dakota State Bison (7-6) go head-to-head with the South Dakota State Jackrabbits (10-4) at Scheels Center. Action gets underway at 8 p.m. ET on Wednesday, January 3, 2018, and it can be seen on ESPN Full Court.
South Dakota State Jackrabbits at North Dakota State Bison Odds Preview
The Jackrabbits won big over the Presentation Saints in their last outing, 111-68. Mike Daum was the games leading scorer with 24 points on 9-for-14 shooting. South Dakota State played a perfect game. They had a superb free throw rate of 0.274 (above their season average of 0.236) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.758 (above their season average of 0.556). For those same stats, Presentation had marks of 0.099 and 0.430, respectively.
In the Bison’s last matchup, they blew out the Jamestown Jimmies, 99-50. With 23 points on 7-for-12 shooting, Paul Miller was the top scorer from either team. North Dakota State played a flawless game. They had a fantastic free throw rate of 0.375 (above their season average of 0.186) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.696 (above their season average of 0.566). For those same stats, Jamestown was 0.062 and 0.354, respectively.
North Dakota State appears to have the edge on the offensive side of the ball. The Bison currently rank 79th in effective field goal percentage (0.576), while South Dakota State ranks 271st in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.505).
In terms of the O/U total, these teams are complete opposites. Games involving South Dakota State have gone over 63.6 percent of the time, while 55.6 percent of North Dakota State games have finished under. The Jackrabbits hold a clear advantage in both straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records. They are 10-4 SU and 7-4 ATS, while the Bison are 7-6 SU and 5-4 ATS.
Daum has taken his game to another level over the last five games for South Dakota State, averaging 25.0 points and 9.6 rebounds per game.
This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams, after the Bison won both contests last season. In the last game, North Dakota State won 82-65. North Dakota State had a much better effective field goal percentage (0.595 vs. 0.439). South Dakota State, on the other hand, had a better free throw rate (0.263 vs. 0.224).
South Dakota State Jackrabbits vs. North Dakota State Bison Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – South Dakota State, ATS Winner – South Dakota State, O/U – Over
- North Dakota State is 0-1 ATS at home, while South Dakota State is 4-3 ATS on the road.
- The total has gone under in 1 of the Bison’s 1 home games, while 6 of the Jackrabbits 7 road games have gone over.
- North Dakota State ranks 96th in three pointers allowed per game (18.8) while South Dakota State ranks 262nd (25.6).
- The Jackrabbits rank 46th in blocks allowed per game (2.1) while the Bison rank 54th (2.6).
- North Dakota State is 2-1 ATS with 2 unders and 1 over in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, South Dakota State is 2-1 ATS with 2 overs and 1 under.
- The Bison’s average margin of victory in their last five games has been 21.6, up from 7.0 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Jackrabbits have scored an average of 97.0 points per game (10.0 above their season average) and allowed an average of 75.4 points per game (1.3 above their season average).