The South Dakota Coyotes (1-0) will travel to Stroh Center to challenge the Bowling Green Falcons (1-0) in their home opener. The game’s Over/Under (O/U) opened at 152 points with neither team favored. Tip-off is scheduled for 7 p.m. ET on Monday, November 13, 2017.
South Dakota Coyotes at Bowling Green Falcons Odds Preview
The Coyotes won big over the Mayville State Comets in their last outing, 87-59. Matt Mooney led South Dakota in scoring with 13 points on 6-for-11 shooting. South Dakota dominated every facet of the game. They had a free throw rate of 0.191 and an offensive rebounding percentage of 35.1. For those same stats, Mayville State had marks of 0.069 and 23.1, respectively.
The last time the Falcons played, they topped the Drexel Dragons, 78-69, as 5-point underdogs. With 33 points on 12-for-19 shooting, Justin Turner was the top scorer from either team. The Falcons had a much better effective field goal percentage (0.565 vs. 0.446) and had a better turnover percentage (20.5 vs. 22.0). The two teams combined to put up 147 points, which was under the projected point total of 156.
There could be plenty of transition offense in this battle that showcases two of the nation’s more up-and-down teams. Bowling Green ranks 45th in possessions per game (72.7) and South Dakota is 49th (72.6) since the 2016-17 season.
The Coyotes have had records of 23-11 straight up (SU) and 21-9-1 against the spread (ATS) since last season. Vegas has been fairly accurate when setting the O/U total of South Dakota games since last season with 16 overs compared to 15 unders.
The Falcons, on the other hand, are 14-19 SU and 14-16-1 ATS since last season. Just over half of Bowling Green’s games have finished under the projected point total over that same period.
The Coyotes won the lone game against the Falcons last season, 78-72. South Dakota did a fantastic job of getting and making free throws (24-33; 72.7 percent). Bowling Green, meanwhile, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (31.9 vs. 24.3).
South Dakota Coyotes vs. Bowling Green Falcons Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – South Dakota, ATS Winner – South Dakota, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Falcons average 20.2 three pointers per game, which ranks 194th in the nation. The Coyotes rank 213th in three pointers allowed per game (22.1).
- South Dakota ranks 229th in assists per game (12.3) while Bowling Green ranks 233rd (12.2).
- South Dakota averages 37.8 rebounds per game, which ranks 69th in the NCAA. Bowling Green ranks 267th in rebounds allowed per game (37.7).
- The Coyotes rank 28th in steals allowed per game (5.0) while the Falcons rank 154th (6.3).
- South Dakota averages 3.5 blocks per game, which ranks 128th in the nation. Bowling Green ranks 220th in blocks allowed per game (3.9).