The South Carolina State Bulldogs (1-0) will travel to the Donald Reynolds Center to challenge the Tulsa Golden Hurricane (1-0). The game starts at 4:30 p.m. ET on Saturday, November 10, 2018.
South Carolina State Bulldogs vs. Tulsa Golden Hurricane Betting Odds
Both teams were victorious in their last game. The Golden Hurricane were victorious over the Alcorn State Braves 73-56, while the Bulldogs won big over the Brevard College Tornados 99-51.
South Carolina State dominated every stat category in the game. They had an offensive rebounding percentage of 60.0 and a turnover percentage of 17.5. Brevard College recorded marks of 25.0 and 33.4, respectively, for those same stats. The Golden Hurricane, on the other hand, had a much better free throw rate (0.408 vs. 0.184) and had a much better turnover percentage (17.1 vs. 25.9). Sterling Taplin played a pivotal role for Tulsa with 16 points and five assists. Meanwhile, South Carolina State rallied around Ozante Fields, who put up 15 points and 11 rebounds.
The offensive glass could be a huge edge for Tulsa in this battle. Dating back to the 2017-18 season, the Golden Hurricane rank 77th in offensive rebounding percentage (31.9 percent), while South Carolina State ranks 324th in defensive rebounding percentage (67.5 percent). It will also be a tale of two paces as the fast-breaking Bulldogs rank 40th in possessions per game, while the slower-paced Golden Hurricane rank 271st.
South Carolina State Bulldogs at Tulsa Golden Hurricane Betting Pick
College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Tulsa, ATS Winner – Tulsa, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2017-Present):
- Tulsa ranks 67th in rebounds per game (37.8) while South Carolina State ranks 255th in rebounds allowed per game (37.0).
- The Bulldogs rank 214th in steals per game (5.5) while the Golden Hurricane rank 272nd (4.7).
- South Carolina State ranks 233rd in blocks per game (2.4) while Tulsa ranks 240th (2.3).
- The Golden Hurricane rank 125th in three pointers attempted per game (22.8) while the Bulldogs rank 262nd (19.1).
- Tulsa ranks 222nd in assists per game (12.6) while South Carolina State ranks 281st (11.1).