The South Carolina State Bulldogs (4-9) can put an end to an eight-game road losing streak when they go head-to-head against the Charleston Cougars (7-3) at TD Arena. Action begins at 7 p.m. ET on Tuesday, December 19, 2017.
South Carolina State Bulldogs vs. Charleston Cougars Free Preview
In the Bulldogs last outing, they beat the Jacksonville Dolphins, 83-74. Donte Wright led South Carolina State in scoring with 22 points on 7-for-16 shooting. South Carolina State played a nearly perfect game. They had a solid free throw rate of 0.299 (above their season average of 0.221) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 38.1 (above their season average of 29.7). For those same stats, Jacksonville was 0.104 and 27.8, respectively.
The Cougars are hoping for a better outcome after their 68-62 loss to the Rhode Island Rams in their last matchup. Grant Riller led Charleston in scoring with 21 points on 8-for-15 shooting. Rhode Island had an offensive rebounding percentage of 38.2 (above their season average of 27.2). Charleston, meanwhile, held the Rams to an effective field goal percentage of 0.453 (below their season average of 0.523).
Charleston could have their way on defense as they clash against one of the nations worst offenses. The Cougars rank 49th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.462), while South Carolina State is 313th in effective field goal percentage (0.468). Conflicting tempos will be on display in this contest. The fast-breaking Bulldogs rank 31st in possessions per game, while the more methodical Cougars rank 324th.
South Carolina State Bulldogs at Charleston Cougars Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Charleston, ATS Winner – Charleston, O/U – Under
- Charleston ranks 37th in three pointers allowed per game (18.7) while South Carolina State ranks 234th (25.5).
- The Cougars rank seventh in steals allowed per game (4.5) while the Bulldogs rank 138th (7.1).
- Charleston ranks 62nd in blocks per game (4.2) while South Carolina State ranks 152nd in blocks allowed per game (4.5).
- The Cougars average margin of victory in their last five games has been 11.2, up from 6.0 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Bulldogs have scored an average of 83.2 points per game (11.2 above their season average) and allowed an average of 83.2 points per game (3.5 below their season average).