The Boston College Eagles (1-0) will be at home in Silvio O. Conte Forum when they challenge the South Carolina State Bulldogs (0-1). Tip-off is set for 1 p.m. ET on Sunday, November 12, 2017, and it can be seen on ESPN 3.
South Carolina State Bulldogs at Boston College Eagles Free Preview
The last time the Bulldogs played, they lost big to the Wisconsin Badgers, 85-50. Donte Wright had a solid game for South Carolina State, leading the team in scoring with 13 points on 5-for-16 shooting. Wisconsin’s offensive rebounding percentage was their largest strength over South Carolina State. The Badgers had a rate of 30.8, while the Bulldogs posted a mark of 10.8.
The Eagles hope to maintain momentum after blowing out the Maine Black Bears in their last contest, 85-65. Boston College was lifted by Deontae Hawkins, who finished with 13 points and 15 rebounds. Boston College dominated every stat category in the game. They had an offensive rebounding percentage of 36.8 and a turnover percentage of 9.5. Maine had marks of 17.8 and 13.9, respectively, for those same stats.
It will be a battle of conflicting paces as the up-and-down Eagles will look to push the more methodical Bulldogs. Since the 2016-17 season, the Eagles rank 74th in possessions per game while the Bulldogs are 179th.
South Carolina State Bulldogs at Boston College Eagles Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – South Carolina State, ATS Winner – South Carolina State, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Eagles rank 159th in three pointers attempted per game (21.3) while the Bulldogs rank 251st (18.6).
- Boston College ranks 198th in blocks per game (2.8) while South Carolina State ranks 257th (2.0).
- South Carolina State ranks ninth in steals allowed per game (4.6) while Boston College ranks 269th (7.5).
- The Eagles rank 86th in assists per game (14.7) while the Bulldogs rank 249th (12.1).
- Boston College ranks 131st in rebounds allowed per game (34.6) while South Carolina State ranks 289th (38.2).