The South Carolina State Bulldogs (4-10) will try to put an end to a nine-game road losing streak when they go head-to-head with the UCF Knights (8-3) at CFE Federal Credit Union Arena. Tip-off is scheduled for 7 p.m. ET on Thursday, December 21, 2017, and it can be seen on ESPN 3.
South Carolina State Bulldogs vs. UCF Knights Odds Preview
In the Bulldogs last matchup, they fell to the Charleston Cougars, 80-64. Donte Wright had a good game for South Carolina State, leading the team in scoring with 14 points on 4-for-10 shooting. Charleston had an effective field goal percentage of 0.542 (above their season average of 0.481). South Carolina State, meanwhile, forced the Cougars into a turnover percentage of 16.8 (above their season average of 13.7).
The Knights come in on a high note after thoroughly outplaying the Stetson Hatters in their last matchup, 74-55. With 18 points on 8-for-9 shooting, Tacko Fall was the top scorer from either team. The Knights had a solid effective field goal percentage of 0.596 (above their season average of 0.471) and held the Hatters to an offensive rebounding percentage of 18.8 (below the 27.8 mark opponents have averaged against UCF this season).
UCF could have their way on the defensive side of the ball as they clash against one of the NCAA’s worst offenses. The Knights currently rank 17th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.438), while South Carolina State is 320th in effective field goal percentage (0.461). It will also be a matchup of contrasting tempos as the fast-paced Bulldogs rank 32nd in possessions per game, while the more methodical Knights rank 293rd.
Wright has really been playing well over the last five games for South Carolina State, averaging 18.6 points and 1.4 steals per game.
South Carolina State Bulldogs vs. UCF Knights Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – South Carolina State, ATS Winner – South Carolina State, O/U – Under
- The Bulldogs rank 125th in steals per game (6.3) while the Knights rank 164th in steals allowed per game (7.5).
- South Carolina State ranks 209th in assists per game (11.6) while UCF ranks 226th (11.0).
- UCF ranks 47th in rebounds per game (39.6) while South Carolina State ranks 218th in rebounds allowed per game (38.9).
- The Knights rank 95th in three pointers allowed per game (20.9) while the Bulldogs rank 235th (25.6).
- UCF ranks 50th in blocks per game (4.6) while South Carolina State ranks 166th (2.4).
- The Knights average margin of victory in their last five games has been 8.6, up from 3.1 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Bulldogs have scored an average of 80.6 points per game (9.2 above their season average) and allowed an average of 81.6 points per game (4.6 below their season average).