The South Carolina Gamecocks (13-9, 4-5 SEC) travel to Texas A&M to play the Aggies (14-8, 3-6 SEC) in a game that has the potential to be low-scoring. Action starts at 2 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 3, 2018.
South Carolina Gamecocks at Texas A&M Aggies Odds Preview
In the Gamecocks’ last game, they lost to the Mississippi State Bulldogs, 81-76. With 25 points on 8-for-12 shooting, Frank Booker was the top scorer from either team. Mississippi State had an effective field goal percentage of 0.578 (above their season average of 0.517). South Carolina, on the other hand, did a fantastic job of getting to and converting from the free throw line (21-27; 77.8 percent).
The Aggies will look to keep it rolling after beating the Arkansas Razorbacks in their last matchup, 80-66. Texas A&M received a boost from Tyler Davis, who contributed 15 points and 13 rebounds. Texas A&M dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a ridiculous offensive rebounding percentage of 42.1 (above their season average of 34.9) and a free throw rate of 0.237 (above their season average of 0.199). Arkansas was 21.6 and 0.131, respectively, for those same stats.
Points could be at a premium as two of the nation’s premier defenses square off. Texas A&M ranks 55th in defensive efficiency (97.3) and South Carolina is 46th (96.8). Moreover, the Gamecocks rank 11th in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.307), while the Aggies rank 32nd in opponents’ FTA rate (0.183).
Davis has really been playing well over the last five games for Texas A&M, averaging 14.0 points and 10.8 rebounds per game.
This is the first time these teams will clash this year. The Gamecocks won the lone contest played against each other last season, 79-68. South Carolina had a much better turnover percentage (7.2 vs. 32.0). Texas A&M, on the other hand, had a much better effective field goal percentage (0.637 vs. 0.464).
South Carolina Gamecocks vs. Texas A&M Aggies Betting Prediction
Free Prediction: SU Winner – Texas A&M, ATS Winner – Texas A&M, O/U – Under
- The Aggies rank third in rebounds per game (42.4) while the Gamecocks rank 74th (37.5).
- Texas A&M ranks 163rd in steals per game (5.6) while South Carolina ranks 179th in steals allowed per game (7.3).
- South Carolina ranks 37th in three pointers allowed per game (19.3) while Texas A&M ranks 220th (24.1).
- The Aggies average 6.0 blocks per game, which ranks eighth in the nation. The Gamecocks rank 183rd in blocks allowed per game (4.9).
- South Carolina ranks 27th in assists allowed per game (11.0) while Texas A&M ranks 184th (14.3).
- The Aggies average margin of victory in their last five games has been 0.8, down from 7.1 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Gamecocks have scored an average of 71.0 points per game (0.1 above their season average) and allowed an average of 72.2 points per game (5.5 above their season average).