A nine-game home winning streak is on the line for the Georgia Bulldogs (11-4, 2-2 SEC) when they welcome the South Carolina Gamecocks (10-6, 1-3 SEC) to Stegeman Coliseum. Tip-off is set for 1 p.m. ET on Saturday, January 13, 2018, and it can be seen on SEC Network.
South Carolina Gamecocks vs. Georgia Bulldogs Free Preview
The last time the Gamecocks played, they were beaten by the Alabama Crimson Tide, 76-62. South Carolina’s Wesley Myers put together a good performance, leading the team in scoring with 15 points on 4-for-9 shooting. Alabama had an effective field goal percentage of 0.657 (above their season average of 0.517). South Carolina, on the other hand, did a terrific job of getting and making free throws (19-25; 76.0 percent).
The Bulldogs are hoping for a better outcome after their 68-56 loss to the Missouri Tigers in their last outing. With 10 points, Tyree Crump had a good outing for Georgia. Missouri’s 0.259 free throw rate was their largest advantage over Georgia, who had a rate of 0.085. The Tigers mark was below their season average of 0.296, while the Bulldogs was below their season average of 0.312.
Georgia could dominate on defense as they face off against one of the NCAA’s worst offenses. The Bulldogs currently rank 11th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.439), while South Carolina is 306th in effective field goal percentage (0.478).
This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams. The Gamecocks won both meetings played against each other last season. In the last matchup, South Carolina won 77-75. South Carolina had a much better turnover percentage (10.1 vs. 19.7). Georgia, meanwhile, did an excellent job of getting to and converting from the free throw line (22-28; 78.6 percent).
South Carolina Gamecocks at Georgia Bulldogs ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Georgia, ATS Winner – Georgia, O/U – Under
- Georgia averages 4.9 blocks per game, which ranks 34th in the NCAA. South Carolina ranks 142nd in blocks allowed per game (4.5).
- The Bulldogs rank 18th in rebounds per game (40.7) while the Gamecocks rank 73rd (38.1).
- Georgia is 22nd in the NCAA with 10.6 assists allowed per game while South Carolina is 46th with 11.6 assists allowed per game.
- The Bulldogs average margin of victory in their last five games has been 6.2, matching their season average.
- During their last five games, the Gamecocks have scored an average of 68.8 points per game (2.5 below their season average) and allowed an average of 66.8 points per game (1.2 above their season average).