The No. 14 Auburn Tigers (24-6, 12-5 SEC) and South Carolina Gamecocks (16-14, 7-10 SEC) will clash at Auburn Arena to bring the regular season to a conclusion. Action begins at 3:30 p.m. ET on Saturday, March 3, 2018, and it can be seen on SEC Network.
South Carolina Gamecocks vs. Auburn Tigers Free Preview
In the Gamecocks last game, they defeated the LSU Tigers, 83-74. With 23 points and seven rebounds, Wesley Myers played well for South Carolina. The Gamecocks made 23 of their 30 free throws (76.7 percent) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.556 (above their season average of 0.455).
The Tigers are hoping for a better outcome after their 91-82 loss to the Arkansas Razorbacks in their last game. Mustapha Heron was the games leading scorer with 28 points on 8-for-21 shooting. Arkansas had an effective field goal percentage of 0.610 (above their season average of 0.545). Auburn, on the other hand, did a fantastic job of getting and making free throws (31-34; 91.2 percent).
This battle pits one of the nations top offenses against one of its elite defenses. Auburn ranks 21st in offensive efficiency and South Carolina ranks 56th in defensive efficiency. Additionally, the Gamecocks rank 17th in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.301), while the Tigers rank 294th in opponents FTA rate (0.276).
These teams have already met once this season. The Gamecocks won 84-75. South Carolina’s effective field goal percentage was its biggest strength over Auburn. The Gamecocks had a rate of 0.483 while the Tigers posted a mark of 0.357. Chris Silva put up a double-double in the victory with 14 points and 11 rebounds.
South Carolina Gamecocks at Auburn Tigers Prediction
Free Prediction: SU Winner – Auburn, ATS Winner – Auburn, O/U – Over
- The Gamecocks rank 35th in assists allowed per game (11.3) while the Tigers rank 103rd (12.8).
- Auburn ranks 44th in rebounds per game (38.4) while South Carolina ranks 104th in rebounds allowed per game (33.8).
- Auburn ranks 10th in blocks per game (5.5) while South Carolina ranks 204th in blocks allowed per game (5.3).
- The Tigers average 7.3 steals per game, which ranks 48th in the NCAA. The Gamecocks rank 194th in steals allowed per game (7.2).
- Auburn ranks 34th in three pointers attempted per game (26.3) while South Carolina ranks 178th (21.3).
- The Tigers average margin of victory in their last five games has been 1.0, down from 11.0 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Gamecocks have scored an average of 73.6 points per game (3.8 above their season average) and allowed an average of 69.6 points per game (1.4 above their season average).