The South Alabama Jaguars (11-11, 4-5 SBC) will attempt to put an end to a seven-game road losing streak when they challenge the Troy Trojans (9-13, 3-6 SBC) at Trojan Arena. Action starts at 5:15 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 3, 2018.
South Alabama Jaguars vs. Troy Trojans ATS Preview
In the Jaguars last outing, they fell to the Louisiana-Monroe Warhawks, 83-74. With 38 points on 13-for-23 shooting, Rodrick Sikes was the top scorer from either team. Louisiana-Monroe’s 25.0 offensive rebounding percentage was their biggest strength over South Alabama, who had a rate of 15.6. The Warhawks mark was below their season average of 31.1, while the Jaguars was below their season average of 25.8.
The Trojans are trying to rebound after their 81-69 loss to the Louisiana Ragin Cajuns in their last game. With 17 points, Troys B.J. Miller had a good outing. Louisiana did an excellent job of converting from the free throw line (26-31; 83.9 percent). Troy, meanwhile, had a better effective field goal percentage (0.557 vs. 0.500).
South Alabama figures to have the edge on the defensive side of the ball. The Jaguars rank 33rd in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.466), while Troy is 134th in effective field goal percentage (0.522).
These teams have already met once this season. The Trojans won 79-64. The Trojans played a flawless game. They had an effective field goal percentage of 0.518 and a fantastic free throw rate of 0.375. For those same stats, the Jaguars had marks of 0.442 and 0.346, respectively. Alex Hicks put up a double-double in the victory with 30 points and 16 rebounds.
South Alabama Jaguars at Troy Trojans ATS Prediction
Prediction: SU Winner – South Alabama, ATS Winner – South Alabama, O/U – Over
- Troy averages 26.4 three pointers per game, which ranks 33rd in the nation. South Alabama ranks 126th in three pointers allowed per game (21.8).
- The Jaguars rank 132nd in rebounds per game (36.0) while the Trojans rank 221st in rebounds allowed per game (37.0).
- Troy ranks 40th in blocks allowed per game (2.7) while South Alabama ranks 87th (3.2).
- The Trojans have been outscored by an average of 0.2 points in their last five games. For the season, Troy has defeated opponents by an average of 2.0 points.
- During their last five games, the Jaguars have scored an average of 67.6 points per game (1.2 below their season average) and allowed an average of 74.4 points per game (7.0 above their season average).