The Fort Wayne Mastodons (5-3) will be at home in Allen County War Memorial Coliseum when they clash against the SIUE Cougars (1-5). Tip-off is scheduled for 2 p.m. ET on Sunday, December 3, 2017.
SIUE Cougars at Fort Wayne Mastodons ATS Preview
The last time the Cougars played, they got blown out by the Southern Illinois Salukis, 86-59. SIUE’s Jalen Henry finished with 11 points and 11 rebounds in the contest. Southern Illinois had an effective field goal percentage of 0.603 (above their season average of 0.465). SIUE, meanwhile, did an excellent job of getting to and converting from the free throw line (21-30; 70.0 percent).
The Mastodons come in on a high note after thoroughly outplaying the Indiana-Kokomo Cougars in their last matchup, 99-63. Fort Wayne rallied around Jairus Stevens, who contributed 11 points and eight rebounds. Fort Wayne played a perfect game. They had a free throw rate of 0.153 (below their season average of 0.202) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 33.3 (above their season average of 31.8). Indiana-Kokomo put up marks of 0.077 and 17.5, respectively, for those same stats.
Fort Wayne could have their way on the offensive side of the ball as their productive offense squares off against one of the nation’s worst defenses. Since the 2016-17 season, the Mastodons rank 32nd in offensive efficiency, while SIUE ranks 318th in defensive efficiency.
SIUE Cougars at Fort Wayne Mastodons Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – SIUE, ATS Winner – SIUE, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Mastodons rank 28th in blocks allowed per game (2.6) while the Cougars rank 191st (3.7).
- Fort Wayne ranks 76th in rebounds per game (37.8) while SIUE ranks 195th in rebounds allowed per game (35.7).
- Fort Wayne ranks 12th in three pointers attempted per game (27.1) while SIUE ranks 309th (17.5).
- The Mastodons rank 13th in assists per game (17.1) while the Cougars rank 310th (10.5).
- Fort Wayne ranks 23rd in steals per game (7.9) while SIUE ranks 300th (4.6).