The Central Michigan Chippewas (9-2) can prolong a six-game home winning streak when they meet the SIUE Cougars (4-6) at McGuirk Arena. The games Over/Under (O/U) opened at 149 points with Central Michigan set as an 11-point favorite. Tip-off is set for 7 p.m. ET on Friday, December 22, 2017.
SIUE Cougars at Central Michigan Chippewas Odds Preview
The Cougars beat the Chicago State Cougars in their last outing, 88-76. With 19 points and six rebounds, SIUE’s Jalen Henry played well. SIUE made 17 of their 24 free throws (70.8 percent) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.670 (above their season average of 0.463).
In the Chippewas last game, they defeated the UMKC Kangaroos, 92-86. With 29 points on 8-for-17 shooting, David DiLeo was the top scorer from either team. Central Michigan played a nearly perfect game. They had an extraordinary free throw rate of 0.388 (above their season average of 0.273) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 32.6 (above their season average of 31.9). For those same stats, UMKC had marks of 0.219 and 26.1, respectively.
Central Michigan could dominate on the offensive side of the ball as their prolific offense goes up against one of the NCAA’s worst defenses. The Chippewas currently rank 54th in offensive efficiency, while SIUE ranks 341st in defensive efficiency.
These two teams are complete opposites in terms of the O/U total. Games featuring SIUE have finished over 87.5 percent of the time, while 71.4 percent of Central Michigan games have gone under. The Chippewas come into this game with considerably better straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records. They are 9-2 SU and 6-1 ATS, while the Cougars are 4-6 SU and 1-7 ATS.
SIUE Cougars at Central Michigan Chippewas Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Central Michigan, ATS Winner – SIUE, O/U – Over
- The Chippewas rank 41st in blocks allowed per game (2.6) while the Cougars rank 150th (4.5).
- SIUE ranks 61st in three pointers allowed per game (19.8) while Central Michigan ranks 240th (25.9).
- The Chippewas rank 56th in assists allowed per game (11.7) while the Cougars rank 226th (17.2).
- Central Michigan ranks 78th in rebounds per game (38.1) while SIUE ranks 219th in rebounds allowed per game (37.9).
- The Chippewas average margin of victory in their last five games has been 7.8, down from 13.1 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Cougars have scored an average of 75.2 points per game (2.0 above their season average) and allowed an average of 80.8 points per game (4.3 below their season average).