OVC foes will collide when the Austin Peay Governors (5-7) clash with the SIUE Cougars (4-7) at Winfield Dunn Center. Austin Peay is a 7-point favorite on the opening line, while the games Over/Under (O/U) opened at 145 points. Tip-off is set for 8 p.m. ET on Thursday, December 28, 2017.
SIUE Cougars at Austin Peay Governors Betting Preview
In the Cougars last matchup, they lost big to the Central Michigan Chippewas, 70-52. With 14 points on 6-for-13 shooting, Christian Ellis was SIUE’s leading scorer. Central Michigan did a fantastic job of converting from the charity stripe (21-26; 80.8 percent). SIUE, meanwhile, held the Chippewas to an effective field goal percentage of 0.395 (below their season average of 0.538).
The Governors are trying to rebound after their 72-53 loss to the Western Kentucky Hilltoppers in their last outing. With 11 points and six rebounds, Terry Taylor had a good game for Austin Peay. Western Kentucky had an effective field goal percentage of 0.627 (above their season average of 0.542). Austin Peay, meanwhile, had an offensive rebounding percentage of 41.5 (above their season average of 35.4).
Expect Austin Peay to own the offensive glass in this showdown. The Governors are among the NCAA’s elite on the offensive glass, ranking 28th in offensive rebounding percentage at 36.0 percent. Meanwhile, SIUE ranks 310th in the NCAA at corralling defensive rebounds with a defensive rebounding percentage of 67.3 percent.
These two teams are complete opposites in terms of the O/U total. Games including SIUE have finished over 77.8 percent of the time, while 62.5 percent of Austin Peay games have finished under. Looking at straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records, the Governors have a clear advantage. They are 5-7 SU and 6-2 ATS, while the Cougars are 4-7 SU and 1-8 ATS.
This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams, after the Governors won both matchups last season. In the most recent matchup, Austin Peay won 92-84. Austin Peay did a terrific job of getting and making free throws (25-34; 73.5 percent). SIUE, meanwhile, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (33.3 vs. 24.2).
SIUE Cougars vs. Austin Peay Governors Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Austin Peay, ATS Winner – Austin Peay, O/U – Over
- The Governors average 12.8 assists per game, which ranks 175th in the NCAA. The Cougars rank 212th in assists allowed per game (16.5).
- Austin Peay ranks 146th in blocks per game (2.8) while SIUE ranks 149th in blocks allowed per game (4.6).
- SIUE is 1-5 ATS on the road with 5 overs and 1 under.
- Austin Peay is 2-1 ATS at home with 2 unders and 1 over.
- Austin Peay ranks 19th in steals per game (8.8) while SIUE ranks 181st (4.6).
- The Cougars rank 134th in three pointers attempted per game (22.5) while the Governors rank 258th (15.8).
- Austin Peay ranks 166th in rebounds per game (35.0) while SIUE ranks 221st in rebounds allowed per game (38.5).
- Austin Peay is 3-1 ATS with 3 unders and 1 over in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, SIUE is 1-3 ATS with 3 overs and 1 under.
- The Governors have been outscored by an average of 1.6 points in their last five games. For the season, Austin Peay has defeated opponents by an average of 2.2 points.
- During their last five games, the Cougars have scored an average of 73.8 points per game (2.5 above their season average) and allowed an average of 77.6 points per game (6.1 below their season average).