The No. 20 Purdue Boilermakers and SIUE Cougars will go head-to-head at Mackey Arena to open their seasons. The Over/Under (O/U) for the game has been set at 150 points with Purdue opening as a 29-point favorite. Action gets underway at 8 p.m. ET on Friday, November 10, 2017, and it can be seen on BTN2Go.
SIUE Cougars at Purdue Boilermakers Betting Preview
Purdue made it to the Sweet 16 last season as a four seed in the tournament, where they were defeated by the Kansas Jayhawks. The Boilermakers went 25-7 in the regular season. Meanwhile, SIUE did not make the tournament following a 6-24 regular season campaign.
The high-powered offense of Purdue will go head-to-head against the bottom-tier defense of SIUE. In the 2016-17 season, the Boilermakers ranked 29th in offensive efficiency, while the Cougars were 267th in defensive efficiency. The Boilermakers figure to have the advantage on that end of the court. Also, the Cougars ranked 13th in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.313), while the Boilermakers ranked third in opponents’ FTA rate (0.162).
The Cougars were 6-24 straight up (SU) and 11-14-1 against the spread (ATS) last season. Of SIUE’s 26 games with betting action last season, 16 finished under the O/U total.
On the other side, the Boilermakers owned records of 25-7 SU and 19-11-2 ATS last season. Unlike SIUE, Purdue games went over the projected point total 59.4 percent of the time.
SIUE Cougars vs. Purdue Boilermakers Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Purdue, ATS Winner – SIUE, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Cougars rank 195th in blocks per game (2.8) while the Boilermakers rank 229th (2.5).
- Purdue ranks 236th in steals per game (5.2) while SIUE ranks 267th (4.7).
- Purdue ranks second in assists per game (18.3) while SIUE ranks 304th (10.2).
- The Boilermakers rank 109th in three pointers attempted per game (22.3) while the Cougars rank 312th (16.2).
- Purdue ranks 15th in rebounds allowed per game (31.1) while SIUE ranks 156th (35.0).