MAAC foes will collide when the Quinnipiac Bobcats (6-13, 3-4 MAAC) meet the Siena Saints (6-14, 2-5 MAAC) at TD Bank Sports Center. Quinnipiac opened as a 1.5-point favorite, while the Over/Under (O/U) for the game has been set at 141 points. Action gets underway at 2 p.m. ET on Sunday, January 21, 2018.<
Siena Saints at Quinnipiac Bobcats Betting Preview
In the Saints last game, they edged the Marist Red Foxes, 68-65. Jordan Horn was Siena’s high scorer with 15 points on 5-for-12 shooting. The Saints, who came into the game averaging an offensive rebounding percentage of 31.9, had an absurd mark of 43.3 and had a turnover percentage of 14.5 (better than their season average of 19.5).<
The Bobcats are hoping for a better outcome after their 81-73 loss to the Niagara Purple Eagles in their last outing. Cameron Young led Quinnipiac in scoring with 18 points on 7-for-22 shooting. Niagara had an effective field goal percentage of 0.553 (above their season average of 0.503). Quinnipiac, on the other hand, had a turnover percentage of 9.1 (better than their season average of 16.4).<
The aggressive Quinnipiac offense might be living from the foul line in this battle. The Bobcats rank 56th in the nation with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.279, while Siena ranks 330th in FTA rate allowed (0.309).<
Of Siena’s 12 games that accepted bets, nine have finished under the O/U total, while 8 of Quinnipiac’s 15 games have finished under the O/U total. Both teams have poor straight up (SU) records (6-14 for Siena; 6-13 for Quinnipiac), but the Bobcats have the edge against the spread (ATS). Quinnipiac is 6-8-1 ATS, while the Saints are 5-7.<
Young has been impressive over the last five games for Quinnipiac, averaging 22.4 points and 7.2 rebounds per game.<
These teams have already met once this season. The two teams combined to score 141 points in that game, which was under the projected point total of 146.5. The Bobcats won 71-70, covering as 4-point underdogs. The Bobcats dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a fantastic offensive rebounding percentage of 41.9 and an absurd free throw rate of 0.423. For those same stats, the Saints had marks of 13.6 and 0.163, respectively. Roman Penn was a top player in the game with 19 points, six steals and five rebounds.<
Siena Saints vs. Quinnipiac Bobcats Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Siena, ATS Winner – Siena, O/U – Under<
- Siena is 3-3 ATS on the road with 5 unders and 1 over.
- Quinnipiac is 2-4-1 ATS at home with 4 overs and 3 unders.
- Quinnipiac ranks 22nd in three pointers attempted per game (27.5) while Siena ranks 229th (18.8).
- The Saints rank 151st in rebounds per game (35.8) while the Bobcats rank 181st in rebounds allowed per game (36.3).
- Quinnipiac is 0-5 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Siena is 2-3 ATS with 4 unders and 1 over.
- The Bobcats average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 11.8, up from 6.6 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Saints have scored an average of 67.8 points per game (1.6 below their season average) and allowed an average of 70.8 points per game (5.0 below their season average).