The Providence Friars, 18.5-point favorites, welcome the Siena Saints to Dunkin’ Donuts Center to begin their seasons. The game’s Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 138 points and action begins at 6:30 p.m. ET on Tuesday, November 6, 2018.
Siena Saints vs. Providence Friars Betting Odds
After a 21-13 regular season campaign, Providence went to the tournament as a 10 seed in the tournament last season. They were defeated in the First Round by the Texas A&M Aggies. Meanwhile, Siena failed to reach the tournament following an 8-24 regular season.
The Saints were 8-24 straight up (SU) and 15-12-1 against the spread (ATS) last season. Of Siena’s 28 games that accepted bets last year, 13 finished over the projected point total.
The Friars, meanwhile, owned records of 21-13 SU and 20-13 ATS last season. Vegas was fairly accurate when predicting totals of Providence games last year with 16 unders compared to 15 overs.
The aggressive Providence offense might be getting to the foul line a lot in this contest. The Friars ranked 67th in the country with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.272, while Siena ranked 324th in FTA rate allowed (0.295) last season.
Siena Saints at Providence Friars Betting Pick
Free Basketball Tip: SU Winner – Providence, ATS Winner – Siena, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2017-Present):
- Providence ranks 84th in steals per game (6.8) while Siena ranks 254th (4.8).
- The Saints rank 147th in blocks per game (3.3) while the Friars rank 178th in blocks allowed per game (3.7).
- Providence ranks 256th in three pointers attempted per game (19.2) while Siena ranks 264th (18.8).
- The Friars rank 148th in assists per game (13.9) while the Saints rank 284th (11.1).
- Siena averages 35.8 rebounds per game, which ranks 136th in the NCAA. Providence ranks 224th in rebounds allowed per game (36.2).