The Siena Saints (7-17, 3-8 MAAC) can end a six-game road losing streak when they challenge the Fairfield Stags (9-13, 4-7 MAAC) at Webster Bank Arena at Harbor Yard. The games Over/Under (O/U) opened at 139.5 points with Fairfield set as a 9.5-point favorite. Tip-off is set for 7 p.m. ET on Monday, February 5, 2018.
Siena Saints vs. Fairfield Stags Betting Preview
The Saints fell to the Manhattan Jaspers in their last outing, 51-47. With 18 points on 4-for-9 shooting, Kadeem Smithen was the games high scorer. Manhattan had an offensive rebounding percentage of 44.2 (above their season average of 31.1). Siena, on the other hand, held the Jaspers to an effective field goal percentage of 0.310 (below their season average of 0.516).
In the Stags last game, they beat the Monmouth Hawks, 79-78. Fairfield was lifted by Tyler Nelson, who was the games high scorer with 26 points on 9-for-16 shooting. The Stags held the Hawks to an effective field goal percentage of 0.475 (below their season average of 0.529) and had an offensive rebounding percentage of 29.4 (above their season average of 24.8).
It will be a matchup of contrasting tempos as the fast-breaking Stags (ranked 50th in the NCAA in possessions per game) will look to push the more methodical Saints (259th in possessions per game).
Nelson has taken his game to another level over the last five games for Fairfield, averaging 26.4 points, 5.2 rebounds, 4.4 assists and 1.2 steals per game.
This is the first time these teams will meet this year, after the Saints won all three contests last season. In the last matchup, Siena won 78-66. The Saints dominated every stat category in the game. They had a ridiculous free throw rate of 0.500 and a fantastic offensive rebounding percentage of 33.3. The Stags were 0.250 and 28.2, respectively, for those same stats.
Siena Saints at Fairfield Stags ATS Prediction
Free Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Fairfield, ATS Winner – Siena, O/U – Over
- The Stags average 6.2 steals per game, which ranks 128th in the nation. The Saints rank 151st in steals allowed per game (6.7).
- Fairfield ranks 25th in three pointers attempted per game (26.9) while Siena ranks 224th (18.9).
- The Stags rank 75th in assists per game (15.2) while the Saints rank 247th (11.3).
- Siena ranks 95th in rebounds allowed per game (33.5) while Fairfield ranks 234th (37.6).
- The Stags have outscored opponents by an average of 3.2 points in their last five games. For the season, Fairfield has lost by an average of 2.9 points.
- During their last five games, the Saints have scored an average of 59.8 points per game (7.7 below their season average) and allowed an average of 63.2 points per game (10.5 below their season average).