The Siena Saints (0-3) will travel to Sojka Pavilion to meet the Bucknell Bison (0-4) in their home opener. Tip-off is set for 7 p.m. ET on Monday, November 20, 2017.
Siena Saints vs. Bucknell Bison Free Preview
The Saints lost a close one to the Lehigh Mountain Hawks in their last matchup, 91-90. Nico Clareth put together a solid game for Siena, leading both teams in scoring with 30 points on 11-for-22 shooting. Lehigh did a terrific job of converting from the free throw line (19-25; 76.0 percent). Siena, on the other hand, had a better turnover percentage (12.9 vs. 13.6).
The last time the Bison played, they were topped by the Maryland Terrapins, 80-78. Stephen Brown was the top scorer from either team with 23 points on 9-for-19 shooting. Maryland did a great job of converting from the charity stripe (20-25; 80.0 percent). Bucknell, meanwhile, forced the Terrapins into a turnover percentage of 18.6 (above the 14.7 mark opponents have averaged against Bucknell this season).
The elite offense of Bucknell will face off against the mid-tier defense of Siena. Dating back to last season, the Bison offense ranks 22nd in effective field goal percentage (0.552), while the Siena defense ranks 179th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.502). The Bison figure to have the edge on that end of the court.
The Saints won the sole game against the Bison last season, 71-68. One of Sienas largest strengths was getting to the charity stripe. They made 34 trips to the line, while Bucknell went 25 times.
Siena Saints vs. Bucknell Bison Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Bucknell, ATS Winner – Bucknell, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Bison rank 100th in blocks per game (3.8) while the Saints rank 184th in blocks allowed per game (3.6).
- Bucknell averages 14.7 assists per game, which ranks 94th in the NCAA. Siena ranks 127th in assists allowed per game (12.8).
- Siena ranks 66th in rebounds per game (38.1) while Bucknell ranks 258th (33.7).
- The Bison rank 120th in three pointers attempted per game (22.2) while the Saints rank 304th (16.8).
- Bucknell ranks 70th in steals per game (6.9) while Siena ranks 199th in steals allowed per game (6.6).