The Memphis Tigers (7-3) will be at home in FedExForum when they square off with the Siena Saints (3-8). The Over/Under (O/U) for the game has been set at 138 points with Memphis opening as a 10-point favorite. Tip-off is set for 8 p.m. ET on Wednesday, December 20, 2017, and it can be seen on ESPN Full Court.
Siena Saints at Memphis Tigers Odds Preview
The Saints won big over the Bryant Bulldogs in their last game, 87-68. Roman Penn led Siena in scoring with 19 points on 6-for-8 shooting. The Saints, who came into the game averaging an offensive rebounding percentage of 32.7, had an extraordinary mark of 50.0 and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.625 (above their season average of 0.475).
The last time the Tigers played, they were blown out by the Louisville Cardinals, 81-72. Jeremiah Martin was the games high scorer with 26 points on 8-for-15 shooting. Louisville was lights out from beyond the arc (14-26; 53.8 percent). Memphis, on the other hand, did a fantastic job of making free throws (14-18; 77.8 percent).
The offensive glass could be a major advantage for Memphis in this showdown. The Tigers rank 20th in offensive rebounding percentage (36.8 percent), while Siena ranks 289th in defensive rebounding percentage (67.9 percent).
Neither team has shown a tendency in terms of going over or under the O/U total. Looking at straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records, the Tigers have a sizable advantage. They are 7-3 SU and 3-4-1 ATS, while the Saints are 3-8 SU and 2-2 ATS.
Martin has been impressive over the last five games for Memphis, averaging 17.8 points, 5.0 assists and 2.0 steals per game.
Siena Saints vs. Memphis Tigers ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Memphis, ATS Winner – Siena, O/U – Over
- Memphis ranks 53rd in blocks per game (4.6) while Siena ranks 105th in blocks allowed per game (3.5).
- The Saints rank 104th in rebounds per game (37.2) while the Tigers rank 118th in rebounds allowed per game (34.5).
- Memphis ranks 127th in steals per game (6.0) while Siena ranks 138th in steals allowed per game (7.0).
- The Tigers average margin of victory in their last five games has been 4.2, up from 1.5 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Saints have scored an average of 69.8 points per game (1.5 below their season average) and allowed an average of 76.6 points per game (4.7 below their season average).