The No. 17 Louisville Cardinals (4-1) will be at home in KFC Yum! Center when they take on the Seton Hall Pirates (6-1). Tip-off is scheduled for 4 p.m. ET on Sunday, December 3, 2017, and it can be seen on ESPN2.
Seton Hall Pirates at Louisville Cardinals ATS Preview
The last time the Pirates played, they beat the No. 22 Texas Tech Red Raiders, 89-79. Desi Rodriguez was the games high scorer with 24 points on 7-for-16 shooting. Seton Hall dominated every stat category in the game. They had a superb free throw rate of 0.305 (above their season average of 0.219) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 41.7 (above their season average of 36.7). For those same stats, Texas Tech was 0.206 and 35.3, respectively.
The Cardinals are hoping for a better outcome after their 66-57 loss to the Purdue Boilermakers in their last contest. V.J. King was the top scorer from either team with 17 points on 5-for-11 shooting. Purdue did a great job of converting from the free throw line (23-32; 71.9 percent). Louisville, on the other hand, held the Boilermakers to an offensive rebounding percentage of 23.1 (below their season average of 33.6).
The battle on the backboards could prove decisive, pitting strength against strength. The Cardinals rank 19th in offensive rebounding percentage (36.2 percent), while Seton Hall ranks 42nd in defensive rebounding percentage (74.4 percent) since the 2016-17 season.
In terms of the O/U total, these teams are complete opposites. Seton Hall games have finished over 60.0 percent of the time, while games featuring Louisville have finished under 75.0 percent of the time. Both teams have phenomenal straight up (SU) records (6-1 for Seton Hall; 4-1 for Louisville), but the Pirates have the edge against the spread (ATS). Seton Hall is 3-4 ATS, while the Cardinals are 1-3.
Seton Hall Pirates vs. Louisville Cardinals Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Louisville, ATS Winner – Seton Hall, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Cardinals rank 14th in assists allowed per game (10.7) while the Pirates rank 72nd (11.8).
- Louisville ranks 226th in three pointers attempted per game (19.9) while Seton Hall ranks 282nd (18.4).
- Louisville ranks ninth in blocks per game (5.7) while Seton Hall ranks 221st (2.7).
- The Cardinals rank 31st in steals allowed per game (5.1) while the Pirates rank 217th (6.7).
- Seton Hall averages 39.4 rebounds per game, which ranks 27th in the nation. Louisville ranks 94th in rebounds allowed per game (34.0).