The No. 1 Kansas Jayhawks (28-7) will be in the Second Round of the NCAA Tournament at Intrust Bank Arena when they meet the No. 8 Seton Hall Pirates (22-11). Action gets underway at 7:10 p.m. ET on Saturday, March 17, 2018.
Seton Hall Pirates vs. Kansas Jayhawks Betting Odds
Both teams defeated their last opponent. The Jayhawks defeated the No. 16 Penn Quakers 76-60, while the Pirates beat the No. 9 North Carolina State Wolfpack 94-83.
Seton Hall dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a fantastic free throw rate of 0.534 (above their season average of 0.239) and a turnover percentage of 8.5 (better than their season average of 15.4). North Carolina State had marks of 0.262 and 12.1, respectively, for those same stats. The Jayhawks, meanwhile, made 15 of their 17 free throws (88.2 percent) and held the Quakers to an offensive rebounding percentage of 13.2 (below their season average of 24.0). Devonte Graham had a good game for Kansas, putting up 29 points, six rebounds and six assists. Seton Hall was led by Khadeen Carrington, who put up 26 points.
It might turn into a high-scoring affair as a pair of the nations top offenses face off. Kansas currently ranks 15th with 116.9 points per 100 possessions and Seton Hall is 50th (112.1). Furthermore, the Pirates are among the nations elite on the offensive backboards, ranking 34th in offensive rebounding percentage (34.1 percent). The Jayhawks, meanwhile, rank 285th in defensive rebounding percentage (68.8 percent).
Khadeen Carrington has been superb as of late for Seton Hall, averaging 22.4 points, 5.2 rebounds and 4.4 assists over the last five games.
Seton Hall Pirates vs. Kansas Jayhawks Pick
College Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – Kansas, ATS Winner – Kansas, O/U – Over
- Kansas ranks 55th in three pointers attempted per game (25.0) while Seton Hall ranks 225th (20.0).
- The Jayhawks average 4.2 blocks per game, which ranks 52nd in the NCAA. The Pirates rank 118th in blocks allowed per game (3.3).
- Kansas ranks 96th in steals per game (6.7) while Seton Hall ranks 100th in steals allowed per game (5.9).
- The Pirates rank 48th in rebounds per game (38.2) while the Jayhawks rank 170th in rebounds allowed per game (35.1).
- Kansas averages 16.8 assists per game, which ranks 13th in the NCAA. Seton Hall ranks 111th in assists allowed per game (12.8).
- During their last five games, the Pirates have scored an average of 78.8 points per game (0.7 below their season average) and allowed an average of 74.2 points per game (0.6 above their season average).
- The Jayhawks average margin of victory in their last five games has been 7.8, down from 10.7 for the season.