A 12-game home winning streak hangs in the balance for the Creighton Bluejays (14-4, 4-2 Big East) when they challenge the No. 19 Seton Hall Pirates (15-3, 4-1 Big East) at CenturyLink Center Omaha. The games Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 161.5 points with Creighton opening as a 5-point favorite. Tip-off is set for 8:30 p.m. ET on Wednesday, January 17, 2018.
Seton Hall Pirates at Creighton Bluejays Betting Preview
The Pirates beat the Georgetown Hoyas in their last contest, 74-61. With 11 points, 13 rebounds and five assists, Angel Delgado had a good performance for Seton Hall. Seton Hall dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a free throw rate of 0.213 (matching their season average) and a turnover percentage of 14.7 (better than their season average of 16.4). Georgetown was 0.121 and 18.4, respectively, for those same stats.
In the Bluejays last matchup, they were defeated by the No. 10 Xavier Musketeers, 92-70. With 13 points and six rebounds, Ronnie Harrell Jr. had a good game for Creighton. Xavier had a turnover percentage of 12.2 (better than their season average of 15.6). Creighton, meanwhile, did a fantastic job of making free throws (12-15; 80.0 percent).
Points at the line might be rare for Creighton in this matchup. The Bluejays currently rank 273rd in the NCAA with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.211, while Seton Hall ranks 99th in FTA rate allowed (0.208). Furthermore, the Pirates, who rank 17th in offensive rebounding percentage (36.3 percent), will clash against the Bluejays, who rank fifth in defensive rebounding percentage (77.7 percent).
Of Seton Hall’s 16 games with betting action, nine have finished over the projected point total, while 9 of Creighton’s 17 games have finished over the projected point total. Both teams have superb straight up (SU) records (15-3 for Seton Hall; 14-4 for Creighton), but the Bluejays have the advantage against the spread (ATS). Creighton is 10-7 ATS, while the Pirates are 9-9.
Delgado has taken his game to another level over the last five games for Seton Hall, averaging 17.0 points, 13.8 rebounds, 4.0 assists and 1.6 blocks per game.
These teams have already met once this season. The two teams combined to score 174 points in that game, which was over the projected point total of 167.5. The Pirates won 90-84, covering as 5-point favorites. The Pirates dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a ridiculous free throw rate of 0.349 and a great offensive rebounding percentage of 30.8. For those same stats, the Bluejays were 0.155 and 26.8, respectively. In the loss, Martin Krampelj had a double-double with 23 points and 10 rebounds.
Seton Hall Pirates at Creighton Bluejays Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Creighton, ATS Winner – Creighton, O/U – Under
- The Pirates average 6.8 steals per game, which ranks 81st in the nation. The Bluejays rank 119th in steals allowed per game (6.6).
- Creighton is 7-3 ATS at home, while Seton Hall is 4-3 ATS on the road.
- The Pirates have 4 overs and 3 unders in 7 road games.
- The Bluejays have 5 overs and 5 unders in 10 home games.
- Creighton ranks 20th in three pointers attempted per game (27.9) while Seton Hall ranks 212th (19.2).
- The Pirates rank 42nd in assists allowed per game (11.5) while the Bluejays rank 158th (14.0).
- Seton Hall ranks 54th in rebounds per game (38.6) while Creighton ranks 106th in rebounds allowed per game (34.2).
- Creighton is 3-2 ATS with 5 unders in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Seton Hall is 3-2 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs.
- The Bluejays average margin of victory in their last five games has been 7.8, down from 15.7 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Pirates have scored an average of 78.6 points per game (1.4 below their season average) and allowed an average of 77.2 points per game (7.3 above their season average).