The Seattle Seahawks (+4) are heading east to take on the Chicago Bears at Soldier Field. This Monday Night game gets underway at 8:15 p.m. ET and fans can catch the action live on ESPN.
Betting Preview: Seattle Seahawks vs. Chicago Bears
In this Monday NFC matchup, Chicago is tabbed as the favorite and is currently giving up 4 points. The Seahawks are also receiving +140 moneyline odds while the Bears are -160. Vegas has placed the over/under (O/U) at 43.5 points, and if one side can create a bunch of points early, it would likely create a reasonable live betting scenario.
This game’s total has yet to change after it was set initially at 43.5. Having said that, the line opened at -3 and the sharp action is siding with the Bears.
The Seahawks are 0-0-1 against the spread (ATS) and are down 1.0 unit so far in 2018. The team’s posted an O/U record of 1-0.
The Bears have lost 1.0 unit for moneyline bettors this season. They’re 1-0 ATS and also have an O/U record of 1-0.
The Seahawks are 0-1 straight up (SU) in 2018 while the Bears are also 0-1 SU.
The Seahawks fell to Denver 27-24 in a Week 1 nailbiter where their defense allowed the Broncos to pass for 329 yards and three touchdowns while rushing for 146 yards. Emmanuel Sanders had a productive day for the Broncos in that one with 135 yards and a score on 10 catches. Offensively, Russell Wilson completed 19 passes for 298 yards, three scores and two interceptions. Chris Carson (51 rushing yards on seven attempts) led the ground attack while Penny (four receptions, 35 yards) and Brandon Marshall (three catches, 46 yards, one TD) shared the receiving duties in the defeat.
In Week 1, Green Bay knocked off this Chicago crew by a score of 24-23. The Bears defensive secondary allowed the Packers to air it out for 341 yards and three touchdowns. Randall Cobb had a good showing, recording 142 yards on nine catches for Green Bay. For Chicago, Mitchell Trubisky completed 23-of-35 passes for 171 yards. Jordan Howard (82 yards on 15 rush attempts) led the running game while Taylor Gabriel (five receptions, 25 yards) led the pass-catching attack in the loss.
It appears that the Bears ought to hold an advantage along both the offensive and defensive fronts. Their offensive line allowed only 39 sacks last season while the D-line registered 42 sacks. The Seahawks offensive line allowed 43 sacks last year and their defense got to opposing signal-callerss on just 39 occasions..
Seattle Seahawks vs. Chicago Bears Free Prediction
SU Winner: Bears, ATS Winner: Seahawks, O/U: Over
- The Chicago defense has registered four sacks on the year while Seattle has one.
- Each team has lost one fumble this season,
- Seattle converted 34 passing touchdowns last season.
- Chicago only put up 13 passing touchdowns last season.
- Seattle created four rushing touchdowns last season.
- Chicago put up 13 rushing touchdowns last season.
- The Seahawks put up 4.0 yards per carry last season while allowing a YPC of 4.0 to opponents.
- The Bears registered 4.2 yards per carry last season and gave up 4.0 yards per rush attempt to opponents.
- The Seattle offensive line gave up 43 sacks last season. Their defense created 39 sacks.
- Chicago offensive line gave up 39 sacks last season. Their defense recorded 42 sacks.
- Chicago was favored by 7 points in its last match and the Over/Under going into it was 44.5. The over cashed and Chicago did not cover in the 24-23 loss to Green Bay.
- Over its last three matches, Chicago is 1-1-1 ATS and the under cashed in each of those three.
- In its last three matchups, Seattle is 1-2 ATS and the over cashed in two of those three.
- Seattle was favored by 3 points in its last game and the Over/Under was set at 42.5. The over cashed and Seattle failed to cover in the 27-24 loss to Denver.