To get the 2018 season officially underway, the Denver Broncos (-3) are set to face the Seattle Seahawks at Sports Authority Field at Mile High. FOX is scheduled to broadcast the action and this late afternoon matchup gets underway at 4:25 p.m. ET.
Betting Preview: Denver Broncos vs. Seattle Seahawks
This Sunday game showcases the Seahawks as the dogs and they’re currently getting 3 points. The Seahawks are also receiving +130 moneyline odds while the Broncos are -150. There will probably be some decent live betting scenarios for this game, and oddsmakers have set the over/under (O/U) at 42 points.
The O/U has yet to change after it was initially set at 42. Having said that, the opening line was -2 and square bettors have been hammering the Broncos.
Overall, the Seahawks were 9-7 straight-up (SU) last season while the Broncos only managed a 5-11 SU record in 2017. When playing against conference foes, the Seahawks finished 7-5 SU while the Broncos were 4-8 SU when facing American Football Conference teams. The Seahawks went 2-2 SU against teams out of conference and the Broncos were 1-3 SU against non-conference teams.
The Seahawks logged 215.7 passing yards per game and 99.3 rushing yards per game versus their 12 in-conference opponents last year. The team was able to put up 19.0 points per game against those opponents and gave up 17.8 per contest. When playing out-of-conference competition, they averaged 34.5 points and 29.8 points-allowed, in addition to 347.8 pass yards per game and 109.3 rush yards per game.
In games against out-of-conference competition, the Broncos passed for 256.5 yards per game and rushed for 104.5 per game on their way to 21.5 points per outing. When playing just AFC opponents, the offense managed 16.9 points per game by averaging 220.2 passing yards and 119.5 rushing yards. The Broncos defense allowed 29.5 PPG to non-conference foes and 22.0 to teams in conference in 2017..
Seattle Seahawks vs. Denver Broncos Betting Prediction
SU Winner: Broncos, ATS Winner: Seahawks, O/U: Over
Team Betting Trends
- The Seahawks created four rushing touchdowns last season.
- The Broncos put up eight rushing touchdowns last season.
- The Seahawks logged 4.0 yards per carry last season while allowing a YPC of 4.0 to opponents.
- The Broncos ran for 4.1 yards per carry last season and gave up a YPC of 3.3 to opponents.
- The Seahawks offense gave up 43 sacks last season. Their defense created 39 sacks.
- The Broncos offense allowed 52 sacks last season. Their defense forced 33 sacks,
- The Seahawks logged 34 passing touchdowns last season.
- The Broncos threw for 19 passing touchdowns last season.