The Saint Mary’s Gaels (7-2) will be at home in McKeon Pavilion when they challenge the Seattle Redhawks (6-4). Action gets underway at 8 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 9, 2017.
Seattle Redhawks at Saint Mary’s Gaels ATS Preview
The last time the Redhawks played, they easily got past the Pacific Lutheran Lutes, 99-69. Aaron Menzies was the games leading scorer with 32 points on 14-for-16 shooting. Seattle played a nearly flawless game. They had a fantastic offensive rebounding percentage of 47.1 (above their season average of 29.7) and a turnover percentage of 14.0 (better than their season average of 19.2). For those same stats, Pacific Lutheran was 25.8 and 19.7, respectively.
The Gaels hope to maintain momentum after beating the Sacramento State Hornets in their last matchup, 70-54. With 37 points on 14-for-20 shooting, Jock Landale was the top scorer from either team. Saint Mary’s dominated every stat category in the game. They had a free throw rate of 0.241 (above their season average of 0.240) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 31.4 (above their season average of 28.9). For those same stats, Sacramento State put up marks of 0.111 and 17.1, respectively.
Looking at effective field goal percentage, this appears to be a matchup of two heavyweights. Since last season, the Saint Mary’s offense ranks ninth in the nation in that metric at 0.577, while the Seattle defense ranks 54th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.471). Also, put-back points figure to be rare for the Redhawks. They rank 318th in the nation in offensive rebounding percentage at 24.3 percent, while the Gaels have been sixth-best on the defensive glass (defensive rebounding percentage of 77.9 percent).
Seattle Redhawks vs. Saint Mary’s Gaels ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Seattle, ATS Winner – Seattle, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Gaels rank 52nd in steals allowed per game (5.3) while the Redhawks rank 258th (7.5).
- Saint Mary’s ranks 33rd in blocks allowed per game (2.7) while Seattle ranks 106th (3.2).
- Saint Mary’s ranks first in three pointers allowed per game (14.9) while Seattle ranks 298th (26.0).
- The Gaels rank third in assists allowed per game (9.5) while the Redhawks rank 225th (14.4).
- Saint Mary’s ranks first in rebounds allowed per game (26.9) while Seattle ranks 209th (36.3).