The Texas A&M Aggies welcome the Savannah State Tigers to Reed Arena to start the new season. The game gets underway at 9:30 p.m. ET on Wednesday, November 7, 2018.
Savannah State Tigers vs. Texas A&M Aggies ATS Odds
Texas A&M made the tournament last season after a 20-12 regular season campaign that earned them a seven seed in the tournament. They made it to the Sweet 16, where the Michigan Wolverines defeated them. Meanwhile, Savannah State failed to reach the tournament following a 15-17 regular season.
The Aggies won the only game between these two teams last season, 113-66. Texas A&M’s rebounding was their largest strength. The Aggies had more offensive rebounds (26 vs. 11), defensive rebounds (39 vs. 24) and total rebounds (65 vs. 35).
From an effective field goal percentage perspective, Texas A&M should have a noteworthy advantage. Last season, the Aggies defense ranked 23rd in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.469), while the Savannah State offense ranked 296th in effective field goal percentage (0.483). Ball protection should be an advantage for the Tigers. They ranked 55th at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 16.7 percent). Conversely, the Aggies forced the 21st-fewest turnovers in the country (opponents’ turnover percentage of 15.4 percent).
Savannah State Tigers at Texas A&M Aggies ATS Pick
Free College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Texas A&M, ATS Winner – Texas A&M, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2017-Present):
- Texas A&M averages 41.4 rebounds per game, which ranks third in the country. Savannah State ranks 317th in rebounds allowed per game (47.7).
- The Tigers rank fourth in steals per game (9.4) while the Aggies rank 200th (5.4).
- Texas A&M ranks fifth in blocks per game (6.0) while Savannah State ranks 198th (2.8).
- The Aggies average 15.4 assists per game, which ranks 58th in the nation. The Tigers rank 310th in assists allowed per game (20.3).
- Savannah State averages 40.8 three pointers per game, which ranks first in the NCAA. Texas A&M ranks 233rd in three pointers allowed per game (23.5).