The No. 9 Texas A&M Aggies (8-1) will be at home in Reed Arena when they square off against the Savannah State Tigers (3-8). Action begins at 8 p.m. ET on Wednesday, December 13, 2017.
Savannah State Tigers vs. Texas A&M Aggies ATS Preview
The Tigers fell to the Georgia Southern Eagles in their last game, 102-91. Javaris Jenkins had a solid performance for Savannah State, leading the team in scoring with 31 points on 12-for-17 shooting. Georgia Southern did a great job of converting from the free throw line (26-35; 74.3 percent). Savannah State, meanwhile, forced the Eagles into a turnover percentage of 19.7 (above their season average of 12.7).
In the Aggies last matchup, they thoroughly outplayed the Prairie View A&M Panthers, 73-53. Texas A&M was lifted by Robert Williams, who recorded eight points and 16 rebounds. Texas A&M played a nearly flawless game. They had a fantastic offensive rebounding percentage of 35.1 (above their season average of 32.8) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.545 (below their season average of 0.554). Prairie View A&M recorded marks of 22.2 and 0.352, respectively, for those same stats.
When looking at effective field goal percentage, Texas A&M figures to have a considerable advantage. Since the 2016-17 season, the Aggies offense ranks 44th in that metric at 0.522, while the Savannah State defense ranks 341st in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.539). Additionally, the Tigers rank 52nd in turnover percentage (17.7 percent), while the Aggies rank 331st in opponents turnover percentage (17.2 percent).
Savannah State Tigers at Texas A&M Aggies Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Texas A&M, ATS Winner – Texas A&M, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Aggies rank sixth in blocks per game (5.8) while the Tigers rank 177th in blocks allowed per game (4.6).
- Savannah State averages 8.6 steals per game, which ranks third in the nation. Texas A&M ranks 161st in steals allowed per game (6.7).
- Texas A&M ranks seventh in rebounds per game (39.5) while Savannah State ranks 274th in rebounds allowed per game (48.9).
- The Aggies rank 17th in assists per game (16.3) while the Tigers rank 252nd in assists allowed per game (20.7).
- Savannah State ranks first in three pointers attempted per game (40.4) while Texas A&M ranks 206th (18.7).