The No. 21 Baylor Bears (8-2) will be at home in Ferrell Center when they go head-to-head with the Savannah State Tigers (3-9). Tip-off is set for 3 p.m. ET on Sunday, December 17, 2017.
Savannah State Tigers at Baylor Bears Odds Preview
In the Tigers last matchup, they got blown out by the No. 9 Texas A&M Aggies, 113-66. With 18 points on 7-for-15 shooting, Javaris Jenkins was Savannah State’s high scorer. Texas A&M out-rebounded Savannah State. The Aggies had 26 offensive rebounds and 65 total rebounds, while the Tigers had 11 and 35, respectively.
The Bears come in on a high note after dismantling the Texas Southern Tigers in their last game, 99-68. Baylor’s Manu Lecomte was a key piece with 22 points and six assists. Baylor played a nearly perfect game. They had an absurd effective field goal percentage of 0.742 (above their season average of 0.542) and a turnover percentage of 14.0 (better than their season average of 14.4). Texas Southern put up marks of 0.466 and 17.4, respectively, for those same stats.
The productive offense of Baylor will clash against the bottom-tier defense of Savannah State. The Bears rank 17th in offensive efficiency, while the Tigers are 331st in defensive efficiency. The Bears figure to have the edge on that end of the court. Opposite styles will be on display in this contest. The fast-breaking Tigers rank first in possessions per game, while the slower-paced Bears rank 287th.
Savannah State Tigers at Baylor Bears Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Baylor, ATS Winner – Baylor, O/U – Over
- The Tigers rank third in steals per game (10.4) while the Bears rank 172nd (5.3).
- Baylor averages 4.6 blocks per game, which ranks 47th in the NCAA. Savannah State ranks 180th in blocks allowed per game (4.9).
- Baylor ranks 19th in rebounds allowed per game (30.9) while Savannah State ranks 269th (50.8).
- The Bears rank 22nd in assists per game (17.3) while the Tigers rank 244th in assists allowed per game (22.9).
- Savannah State ranks first in three pointers attempted per game (39.6) while Baylor ranks 192nd (20.1).
- The Bears average margin of victory in their last five games has been 12.4, down from 15.5 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Tigers have scored an average of 81.2 points per game (0.6 below their season average) and allowed an average of 99.0 points per game (2.4 above their season average).