MEAC foes will clash when the Morgan State Bears (6-9, 2-0 MEAC) challenge the Savannah State Tigers (4-12, 1-0 MEAC) at Hill Field House. Action gets underway at 12 p.m. ET on Monday, January 8, 2018.
Savannah State Tigers vs. Morgan State Bears Betting Preview
The Tigers beat the Coppin State Eagles in their last game, 80-71. With 16 points and 10 rebounds, Dexter McClanahan played well for Savannah State. Savannah State played a perfect game. They had a ridiculous free throw rate of 0.352 (above their season average of 0.182) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.565 (above their season average of 0.453). Coppin State had marks of 0.246 and 0.500, respectively, for those same stats.
The last time the Bears played, they blew out the Florida A&M Rattlers, 87-68. With 35 points on 10-for-24 shooting, Tiwian Kendley was the top scorer from either team. Morgan State played a flawless game. They had a ridiculous free throw rate of 0.404 (above their season average of 0.278) and a turnover percentage of 13.7 (better than their season average of 17.3). For those same stats, Florida A&M had marks of 0.246 and 21.5, respectively.
Expect Morgan State to own the offensive glass in this showdown. The Bears rank 14th in offensive rebounding percentage (36.8 percent), while Savannah State ranks 343rd in defensive rebounding percentage (62.3 percent).
Kendley has really been playing well over the last five games for Morgan State, averaging 29.8 points and 2.3 steals per game.
This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams. Each won one of the two games played against each other last season. In the last contest, the Bears won 83-75. The Bears dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had an absurd offensive rebounding percentage of 37.8 and an extraordinary free throw rate of 0.431. For those same stats, the Tigers put up marks of 22.2 and 0.254, respectively.
Savannah State Tigers vs. Morgan State Bears Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Morgan State, ATS Winner – Morgan State, O/U – Over
- The Bears rank 53rd in steals per game (7.5) while the Tigers rank 139th in steals allowed per game (6.9).
- Morgan State ranks 151st in blocks per game (2.7) while Savannah State ranks 169th in blocks allowed per game (5.1).
- Savannah State ranks first in three pointers attempted per game (39.7) while Morgan State ranks 262nd (14.1).
- The Bears average 37.9 rebounds per game, which ranks 86th in the nation. The Tigers rank 270th in rebounds allowed per game (49.9).
- Savannah State ranks 94th in assists per game (14.9) while Morgan State ranks 247th (10.9).
- The Bears average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 4.2, down from 6.0 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Tigers have scored an average of 66.2 points per game (11.7 below their season average) and allowed an average of 97.6 points per game (1.7 above their season average).