The Savannah State Tigers (1-2) travel to Louisiana to play the Ragin Cajuns (1-1) in what should be a fast-paced game. Tip-off is set for 5 p.m. ET on Friday, November 17, 2017.
Savannah State Tigers vs. Louisiana Ragin Cajuns Free Preview
The Tigers had no trouble getting past the Middle Georgia State Knights in their last matchup, 114-80. Dexter McClanahan was the games leading scorer with 26 points on 9-for-16 shooting. Savannah State dominated every facet of the game. They had a superb turnover percentage of 9.2 and an offensive rebounding percentage of 45.1. Middle Georgia State was 22.7 and 26.8, respectively, for those same stats.
The last time the Ragin Cajuns played, they blew out the Louisiana College Wildcats, 113-58. Louisiana received a boost from P.J. Hardy, who was the top scorer from either team with 19 points on 7-for-11 shooting. Louisiana played a nearly perfect game. They had a ridiculous offensive rebounding percentage of 41.4 and an effective field goal percentage of 0.703. For those same stats, Louisiana College was 12.9 and 0.389, respectively.
The prolific offense of Louisiana will go head-to-head against the bottom-tier defense of Savannah State. Dating back to the 2016-17 season, the Ragin Cajuns rank 36th in offensive efficiency, while the Tigers are 312th in defensive efficiency. The Ragin Cajuns figure to have the advantage on that end of the court.
Savannah State Tigers vs. Louisiana Ragin Cajuns ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Savannah State, ATS Winner – Savannah State, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Ragin Cajuns rank 56th in steals per game (7.3) while the Tigers rank 179th in steals allowed per game (6.4).
- Louisiana ranks 136th in blocks allowed per game (3.4) while Savannah State ranks 245th (4.4).
- Louisiana ranks 38th in rebounds allowed per game (32.2) while Savannah State ranks 323rd (48.7).
- The Ragin Cajuns rank 62nd in three pointers allowed per game (19.1) while the Tigers rank 318th (32.3).
- Louisiana ranks 97th in assists allowed per game (12.4) while Savannah State ranks 307th (20.1).