The Southern Illinois Salukis (3-2) will be at home in SIU Arena when they take on the San Jose State Spartans (2-4). The Over/Under (O/U) for the game has been set at 138.5 points with Southern Illinois opening as a 12.5-point favorite. Tip-off is scheduled for 4 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 2, 2017.
San Jose State Spartans at Southern Illinois Salukis ATS Preview
The last time the Spartans played, they lost to the Bowling Green Falcons, 85-79. With 23 points on 8-for-18 shooting, Ryan Welage was San Jose State’s leading scorer. Bowling Green had a turnover percentage of 9.7 (better than their season average of 13.0). San Jose State, on the other hand, had an offensive rebounding percentage of 40.0 (above their season average of 33.5).
The Salukis come in on a high note after blowing out the SIUE Cougars in their last matchup, 86-59. Southern Illinois was lifted by Kavion Pippen, who contributed 13 points and 13 rebounds. Southern Illinois was 8-15 on three pointers (53.3 percent), while SIUE was just 4-24 (16.7 percent).
Second-chance points could be hard to find for Southern Illinois in this showdown. Dating back to the 2016-17 season, the Salukis rank 193rd in offensive rebounding percentage (29.2 percent), while San Jose State ranks ninth in defensive rebounding percentage (76.0 percent).
In terms of the O/U total, these teams are complete opposites. Games featuring San Jose State have finished under 60.0 percent of the time, while 66.7 percent of Southern Illinois games have finished over. The Salukis have the superior straight up (SU) record (3-2 vs. 2-4), but the Spartans hold the clear advantage against the spread (ATS) (3-2 vs. 1-2).
San Jose State Spartans vs. Southern Illinois Salukis Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Southern Illinois, ATS Winner – San Jose State, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Spartans rank 210th in rebounds per game (35.1) while the Salukis rank 249th (34.3).
- San Jose State ranks 272nd in three pointers attempted per game (18.4) while Southern Illinois ranks 308th (17.1).
- San Jose State ranks 131st in assists per game (14.2) while Southern Illinois ranks 274th (11.7).
- The Spartans rank 79th in blocks per game (4.1) while the Salukis rank 154th in blocks allowed per game (3.5).
- Southern Illinois ranks 77th in steals per game (6.9) while San Jose State ranks 149th in steals allowed per game (6.2).