Brent Burns, Logan Couture, and the San Jose Sharks will do battle against Dustin Brown, Anze Kopitar, and the Los Angeles Kings at the Staples Center in a divisional showdown. This one will get underway at 10:30 p.m. ET on Thursday, March 21 and it will be showcased live on Fox Sports West.
San Jose Sharks vs. Los Angeles Kings Odds
Los Angeles (+175) is entering this one as the underdog to San Jose (-210), and the oddsmakers have put the Over/Under (O/U) at an even 6 goals. The line for betting that total stands at -125 for the under and +105 for the over.
Though the team is 43-30 straight up (SU) this season, San Jose has actually lost 1.8 units for bettors taking the moneyline thus far. 41 of its outings have gone over the total, while 30 have gone under and just two have pushed. This 2018-19 Sharks team is 20-17 SU on the road.
San Jose has converted on 24.2 percent of its power play opportunities this year, a figure that places them in the top-10 among NHL teams. Its penalty kill is ranked 19th in the league, and it has successfully killed off 80.3 percent of its penalties..
Averaging 24.6 saves per game with a .898 save percentage, Martin Jones (35-21-5) has been the top option in goal for San Jose this year. If it decides to rest him, however, the team might go with Aaron Dell (10-12-3 record, .890 save percentage, 3.10 goals against average).
Los Angeles is 25-47 straight up (SU) and has lost 20.9 units for moneyline bettors thus far. 36 of its games have gone under the total, while 34 have gone over and just two have pushed. This season, the team is 13-23 SU as the home team.
The Kings have converted on just 15.6 percent of their power play opportunities this season, a mark that places them in the bottom 10 overall among NHL teams. On the other hand, its penalty kill is ranked 31st overall, and it’s successfully killed off 75.0 percent of all penalties.
Jonathan Quick (26.3 saves per game) has been the primary choice in goal for the Kings. Quick has 13 wins, 27 losses, and six overtime losses and has recorded a pedestrian 3.30 goals against average and a poor .891 save percentage this year.
San Jose Sharks vs. Los Angeles Kings Betting Picks
NHL Prediction: SU Winner – Kings, O/U – Under
- The Kings are 2-3 in games decided by a shootout this season while the Sharks are 0-3 in shootouts.
- The under has hit in three of San Jose’s last five games.
- San Jose’s attempted 33.5 shots per game overall this season (the second-most in the NHL), and 31.0 in its last 10 outings.
- Six of Los Angeles’ last ten outings have been decided by two or more goals. The team is 1-5 overall in those games.
- The Kings this season have tallied the 12th-most hits per game in the NHL (23.2), but that number has climbed to 25.8 over their past five games as the home team.