Brent Burns, Tomas Hertl, and the San Jose Sharks will face off against Adam Henrique, Ryan Getzlaf, and the Anaheim Ducks at the Honda Center in a divisional showdown. The puck drops at 10 p.m. ET on Friday, March 22, and it is being shown live on Fox Sports West.
San Jose Sharks at Anaheim Ducks Odds
Moneyline odds have not yet been posted for this matchup.
Though the team is 43-31 straight up (SU) this season, San Jose has actually lost 1.8 units for moneyline bettors thus far. Through 74 regular season contests, 41 of its games have gone over the total, while 30 have gone under and just two have pushed. As the away team in 2018-19, the Sharks are 20-18 SU.
San Jose has converted on 23.9 percent of its power play chances this season, a mark that places them in the top-10 among NHL teams. Its penalty kill is ranked 18th overall, and the team’s successfully killed off 80.3 percent of its penalties..
With a .898 save percentage and 24.8 saves per game, Martin Jones (35-22-5) has been the primary option in goal for San Jose this season. Jones played last night, however, so San Jose could opt to rest him and instead roll with Aaron Dell (10-12-3 record, .890 save percentage, 3.10 goals against average).
Anaheim is 30-45 straight up (SU) and has lost 11.4 units for moneyline bettors thus far. Through 75 regular season contests, 45 of its games have gone under the total, while 26 have gone over and just four have pushed. This year, the team’s 16-22 SU as the home team.
The Ducks have converted on just 16.0 percent of their power play chances this year, a mark that places them in the bottom 10 overall among NHL teams. On the other hand, its penalty kill is ranked 23rd overall, and it’s successfully killed off 79.0 percent of all penalties.
John Gibson (28.9 saves per game) has been the primary option in the crease for the Ducks. Gibson has 23 wins, 31 losses, and eight overtime losses and has registered a mediocre 2.87 goals against average and a .916 save percentage this season.
San Jose Sharks vs. Anaheim Ducks Free Picks
NHL Pick: SU Winner – Sharks, O/U – Under
- The Sharks are 0-3 in games decided by a shootout this season while the Ducks are 3-2 in shootouts.
- For both of these clubs, the under has hit in three of their past five outings.
- San Jose has attempted 33.4 shots per contest overall this season (the second-most in the NHL), and 29.4 in its last five road outings.
- 40.0 percent of Anaheim’s wins have come by two or more goals (the team is 12-29 overall in such games) while 62.8 percent of San Jose’s wins have come by two goals or more (27-20 overall in games decided by at least two goals).
- The Ducks this season have registered the 10th-most hits per game in the NHL (23.3).