WCC foes will collide when the Portland Pilots (6-8, 0-1 WCC) square off against the San Francisco Dons (8-6, 0-1 WCC) at Earle A. Chiles Center. Action starts at 9 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 30, 2017.
San Francisco Dons vs. Portland Pilots Free Preview
In the Dons last contest, they fell to the San Diego Toreros, 73-63. Souley Boum had a good game for San Francisco, leading the team in scoring with 21 points on 6-for-15 shooting. San Diego did a fantastic job of converting from the charity stripe (21-28; 75.0 percent). San Francisco, meanwhile, had a turnover percentage of 10.1 (better than their season average of 16.4).
The Pilots are trying to rebound after their 69-45 loss to the BYU Cougars in their last contest. With nine points and six rebounds, Franklin Porter had a good outing for Portland. BYU did a fantastic job of making free throws (14-19; 73.7 percent). Portland, on the other hand, had a better turnover percentage (12.4 vs. 14.2).
San Francisco could struggle to create turnovers. Portland ranks 64th in the NCAA at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 17.0 percent), while San Francisco forces the 170th-most turnovers (19.7 percent).
This is the first time these teams will go head-to-head this year. The Dons won both games played against each other last season. In the last matchup, San Francisco won 65-51. The Dons dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a turnover percentage of 13.6 and a solid free throw rate of 0.250. For those same stats, the Pilots were 26.2 and 0.149, respectively.
San Francisco Dons vs. Portland Pilots Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Portland, ATS Winner – Portland, O/U – Under
- The Pilots rank 50th in blocks per game (4.6) while the Dons rank 129th in blocks allowed per game (3.9).
- Portland is 46th in the NCAA with 5.4 steals allowed per game while San Francisco is 49th with 5.5 steals allowed per game.
- San Francisco ranks 16th in three pointers allowed per game (17.4) while Portland ranks 239th (26.6).
- The Dons rank third in assists allowed per game (9.0) while the Pilots rank 200th (15.3).
- San Francisco ranks 102nd in rebounds per game (37.1) while Portland ranks 231st in rebounds allowed per game (38.4).
- The Pilots have been outscored by an average of 2.4 points in their last five games. On the season, Portland has defeated opponents by an average of 0.1 points.
- During their last five games, the Dons have scored an average of 61.0 points per game (7.6 below their season average) and allowed an average of 63.2 points per game (3.6 below their season average).