The BYU Cougars (19-7, 8-5 WCC) can lengthen a five-game home winning streak when they welcome the San Francisco Dons (14-12, 6-7 WCC) to Marriott Center. Tip-off is set for 4 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 10, 2018, and it can be seen on ESPN Full Court.
San Francisco Dons at BYU Cougars Odds Preview
In the Dons last contest, they edged the Portland Pilots, 65-63. With 10 points and six rebounds, San Francisco’s Matt McCarthy had a solid outing. The Dons had a turnover percentage of 13.3 (better than their season average of 15.8) and had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (27.8 vs. 22.2).
The Cougars will look to keep it rolling after dismantling the Santa Clara Broncos in their last matchup, 80-58. With 20 points on 9-for-14 shooting, Yoeli Childs was the top scorer from either team. BYU played a flawless game. They had a free throw rate of 0.103 (matching their season average) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.638 (above their season average of 0.555). Santa Clara was 0.000 and 0.475, respectively, for those same stats.
Half-court execution will be critical when two of the NCAA’s slowest-paced teams go head-to-head. BYU ranks 293rd in possessions per game (67.2) and San Francisco is 302nd (66.8). Also, the 255th-ranked offense of the Dons (offensive efficiency of 102.3) will face off against the 59th-ranked defense of the Cougars (defensive efficiency of 97.9).
These teams have already met once this season. The Cougars won 69-59. The Cougars dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had an absurd free throw rate of 0.400 and a superb offensive rebounding percentage of 32.0. The Dons were 0.057 and 25.8, respectively, for those same stats. McCarthy had a standout performance with 16 points.
San Francisco Dons vs. BYU Cougars ATS Prediction
Free Pick: SU Winner – San Francisco, ATS Winner – San Francisco, O/U – Under
- The Cougars average 4.2 blocks per game, which ranks 60th in the NCAA. The Dons rank 156th in blocks allowed per game (4.0).
- San Francisco ranks 54th in three pointers attempted per game (25.1) while BYU ranks 259th (18.3).
- The Cougars rank 42nd in assists per game (16.1) while the Dons rank 183rd (12.9).
- BYU ranks 10th in rebounds allowed per game (30.2) while San Francisco ranks 107th (33.8).
- The Cougars average margin of victory in their last five games has been 1.8, down from 9.2 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Dons have scored an average of 64.0 points per game (4.3 below their season average) and allowed an average of 70.0 points per game (2.2 above their season average).