The San Francisco Dons (22-15) battle against the North Texas Mean Green (18-18) in the College Basketball Invitational at The Super Pit. The Dons opened as a 3.5-point underdog. The games Over/Under (O/U) opened at 143 points and it will air on ESPNU at 8:30 p.m. ET on Wednesday, March 28, 2018.
San Francisco Dons vs. North Texas Mean Green Betting Odds
In their first matchup this year, Foster led the Dons to a 72-62 victory. He notched a double-double with 17 points and 10 rebounds. San Francisco’s 0.088 free throw rate was their largest strength over North Texas, who had a mark of 0.058.
From an effective field goal percentage perspective, North Texas figures to have a substantial advantage. The Mean Green defense ranks 80th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.487), while the San Francisco offense is ranked 246th in effective field goal percentage (0.497).
Games involving the Dons have gone under the total 53.1 percent of the time. San Francisco heads into the game with records of 22-15 straight up (SU) and 13-19 against the spread (ATS).
Of the Mean Green’s 29 games with betting action, 16 have finished under the total. Additionally, North Texas is 18-18 SU and 18-11 ATS.
Roosevelt Smart has really been playing well as of late for North Texas, averaging 24.2 points and 5.8 rebounds over the last five games.
San Francisco Dons vs. North Texas Mean Green Pick
College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – North Texas, ATS Winner – North Texas, O/U – Under
- San Francisco ranks 116th in blocks per game (3.6) while North Texas ranks 215th in blocks allowed per game (4.1).
- The Dons rank 190th in steals per game (5.5) while the Mean Green rank 236th (5.0).
- San Francisco is 11th in the NCAA with 10.1 assists allowed per game while North Texas is 28th with 11.1 assists allowed per game.
- The Dons rank 12th in three pointers allowed per game (17.4) while the Mean Green rank 92nd (20.6).
- North Texas averages 38.0 rebounds per game, which ranks 60th in the NCAA. San Francisco ranks 130th in rebounds allowed per game (34.2).
- North Texas is 6-6 ATS at home, while San Francisco is 7-8 ATS on the road.
- The Dons have 8 overs and 7 unders in 15 road games.
- Of the Mean Green’s 12 home games, they have 6 overs and 6 unders.
- The Mean Green are 3-2 ATS over their last five games, while the Dons are 2-3.
- In their last five games, North Texas has 3 overs and 2 unders, while San Francisco has 2 overs, 2 unders and 1 push.
- During their last five games, the Mean Green have scored an average of 80.0 points per game (5.8 above their season average) and allowed an average of 70.4 points per game (1.0 below their season average).
- The Dons have been outscored by an average of 1.2 points in their last five games. On the season, San Francisco has defeated opponents by an average of 0.8 points.