A pair of franchises with very different seasons in 2017, the San Francisco 49ers are receiving six points from oddsmakers as they make a trip to the Minnesota Vikings at U.S. Bank Stadium. FOX has the TV rights and kickoff will take place at 1:00 p.m. ET.
Betting Preview: Minnesota Vikings vs. San Francisco 49ers
In this Sunday NFC matchup, Minnesota has been projected as the favorite and the team’s currently giving up 6 points. The 49ers are also receiving +190 moneyline odds while the Vikings are -230. There should be some good live betting opportunities while this matchup is underway, and Vegas has determined the over/under (O/U) to be 46 points.
Sharp bettors have been leaning toward both the Vikes and the under. The line originally opened at -5 and the O/U was initially 47.
Overall, the 49ers finished 6-10 straight-up (SU) in 2017 while the Vikes performed better with a 14-4 SU record last season. When playing against conference competition, the 49ers finished 3-9 SU and the Vikings were 10-2 SU versus National Football Conference teams. Each team registered a 3-1 record SU against non-conference opponents in 2017.
Against National Football Conference opponents, the 49ers scored an average of 17.8 points and gave up 23.8 points per contest. When the dust had settled on the season, they’d ultimately put up 243.8 pass yards per game and 109.3 rush yards per game.
The Vikings offense recorded 23.5 points per game (when facing NFC teams) by averaging 254.2 pass yards and 123.8 rush yards. The Vikings defense gave up 16.3 PPG to non-conference foes and 15.6 PPG to conference teams.
It seems like the Vikes should have an advantage when it comes to applying pressure. Their offensive line yielded just 27 sacks last season while the D-line registered 37 sacks. The 49ers offensive line allowed 43 sacks last year and their defense got to opposing signal-callerss on just 30 occasions..
San Francisco 49ers at Minnesota Vikings NFL Prediction
SU Winner: 49ers, ATS Winner: 49ers, O/U: Over
Team Betting Notes
- Both of these teams put up exactly 15 rushing touchdowns last season.
- The 49ers logged 4.1 yards per carry last season while allowing a YPC of 3.8 to opponents.
- The Vikings rushed for 3.9 yards per carry last season and allowed a YPC of 3.7 to opponents.
- The 49ers offense gave up 43 sacks last season. Their defense created 30 sacks.
- Minnesota quarterbacks were sacked 27 times last season. Their defense sacked opposing QBs 37 times,
- The 49ers put up 15 passing touchdowns last season.
- The Vikings logged 25 passing touchdowns last season.