The San Diego Toreros (21-14) clash against the Memphis Tigers (21-13) in the NIT at FedExForum. The Tigers opened as a 5.5-point favorite. The game’s Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 148 points and it can be seen on ESPN 3 at 8 p.m. ET on Tuesday, March 19, 2019.
San Diego Toreros vs. Memphis Tigers ATS Odds
Both teams lost in their last matchup. The Tigers lost a tough one against the 11th-ranked Houston Cougars, 61-58, while the Toreros were beaten by the Saint Mary’s Gaels, 69-62.
San Diego forced Saint Mary’s into a turnover percentage of 17.8 (above their season average of 14.1) while Memphis had a turnover percentage of 10.2 (better than their season average of 17.3). Memphis’ Jeremiah Martin had a solid performance, contributing 23 points and nine rebounds. Meanwhile, Isaiah Wright was a key piece for San Diego with 22 points.
Matchups featuring the Toreros have typically gone under the projected point total (64.7 percent). San Diego holds records of 21-14 straight up (SU) and 18-16 against the spread (ATS).
It’s tough to find a trend for Tigers games in regards to the projected point total, as there has been an even split between games finishing over and under. Further, Memphis is 21-13 SU and 18-16 ATS.
The battle on the backboards could prove decisive, pitting strength against strength. The Tigers rank 36th in offensive rebounding percentage (33.9 percent), while San Diego ranks third in defensive rebounding percentage (78.2 percent).
San Diego at Memphis Betting Pick
College Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – Memphis, ATS Winner – San Diego, O/U – Under
- San Diego ranks 20th in assists allowed per game (10.5) while Memphis ranks 236th (14.8).
- The Tigers rank 29th in steals per game (7.8) while the Toreros rank 176th (5.6).
- San Diego blocks 3.1 opponent shots per game, which ranks 138th in the NCAA. Memphis ranks 197th in blocks allowed per game (4.6).
- The Toreros rank eighth in three pointers allowed per game (17.7) while the Tigers rank 218th (23.8).
- San Diego ranks 40th in rebounds allowed per game (32.0) while Memphis ranks 203rd (35.8).
- During their last five games, the Tigers have scored an average of 71.0 points per game (9.6 below their season average) and allowed an average of 63.6 points per game (11.1 below their season average).
- The Toreros’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 7.8, up from 4.3 for the season.