The Fresno State Bulldogs (16-8, 6-5 MWC) welcome the San Diego State Aztecs (13-8, 5-5 MWC) in a matchup that pits sensational offense against stifling defense. Fresno State opened as a 3-point favorite, while the games Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 146 points. Action gets underway at 11 p.m. ET on Tuesday, February 6, 2018, and it can be seen on CBS Sports Network.
San Diego State Aztecs at Fresno State Bulldogs Odds Preview
In the Aztecs last game, they easily got past the Air Force Falcons, 81-50. Jalen McDaniels was the games high scorer with 16 points on 7-for-10 shooting. San Diego State played a nearly perfect game. They had a superb free throw rate of 0.259 (above their season average of 0.251) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.620 (above their season average of 0.518). Air Force was 0.066 and 0.377, respectively, for those same stats.
The Bulldogs will look to maintain momentum after dismantling the Wyoming Cowboys in their last contest, 80-62. With 20 points on 8-for-11 shooting, Nate Grimes was Fresno State’s high scorer. Fresno State played a nearly perfect game. They had an offensive rebounding percentage of 20.0 (below their season average of 30.7) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.588 (above their season average of 0.564). Wyoming recorded marks of 11.4 and 0.453, respectively, for those same stats.
This showdown pits one of the nations top offenses against one of its elite defenses as Fresno State ranks 23rd in offensive efficiency and San Diego State is 39th in defensive efficiency. ,
Games featuring these teams tend to finish over the O/U total. San Diego State games have finished over 63.2 percent of the time, while 60.0 percent of Fresno State games have gone over. Both teams have solid straight up (SU) records (13-8 for San Diego State; 16-8 for Fresno State), but the Aztecs have the advantage against the spread (ATS). San Diego State is 12-7 ATS, while the Bulldogs are 8-12.
These teams have already met once this season. The two teams combined for 150 points in that game, which was over the projected point total of 144. The Bulldogs won 77-73, covering as 8-point underdogs. The Bulldogs dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a turnover percentage of 12.1 and an offensive rebounding percentage of 23.3. The Aztecs had marks of 13.7 and 21.4, respectively, for those same stats. Grimes recorded a double-double with 15 points and 10 rebounds.
San Diego State Aztecs vs. Fresno State Bulldogs Prediction
Free Basketball Tip: SU Winner – San Diego State, ATS Winner – San Diego State, O/U – Over
- The Bulldogs rank 102nd in blocks per game (3.5) while the Aztecs rank 113th in blocks allowed per game (3.5).
- San Diego State ranks 82nd in assists per game (15.0) while Fresno State ranks 83rd in assists allowed per game (12.3).
- On the road, San Diego State is 5-5 ATS with 9 overs and 1 under.
- At home, Fresno State is 3-7 ATS with 6 unders and 4 overs.
- Fresno State ranks 29th in three pointers allowed per game (19.0) while San Diego State ranks 208th (23.4).
- The Aztecs rank 43rd in rebounds per game (38.7) while the Bulldogs rank 192nd (34.3).
- Fresno State ranks 22nd in steals allowed per game (4.9) while San Diego State ranks 160th (6.8).
- Fresno State is 3-2 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, San Diego State is 2-3 ATS with 4 overs and 1 under.
- The Bulldogs average margin of victory in their last five games has been 3.0, down from 8.8 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Aztecs have scored an average of 80.8 points per game (2.0 above their season average) and allowed an average of 74.4 points per game (6.5 above their season average).