A 10-game home winning streak is on the line for the Boise State Broncos (14-3, 4-1 MWC) when they square off with the San Diego State Aztecs (11-4, 3-1 MWC) at Taco Bell Arena. Boise State opened as a 4-point favorite, while the games Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 139 points. Tip-off is set for 10 p.m. ET on Saturday, January 13, 2018, and it can be seen on ESPN2.
San Diego State Aztecs vs. Boise State Broncos Free Preview
In the Aztecs last outing, they easily got past the San Jose State Spartans, 85-49. With 13 points and seven rebounds, San Diego State’s Jalen McDaniels had a solid outing. The Aztecs forced 18 turnovers and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.591 (above their season average of 0.502).
The Broncos come in on a high note after defeating the Fresno State Bulldogs in their last outing, 70-64. With 21 points on 3-for-12 shooting, Chandler Hutchison was the games high scorer. Boise State played a nearly perfect game. They had a fantastic free throw rate of 0.521 (above their season average of 0.206) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 21.9 (below their season average of 28.4). For those same stats, Fresno State put up marks of 0.327 and 17.9, respectively.
Baskets could be hard to come by as two of the nations premier defenses square off. Boise State ranks 13th in defensive efficiency (90.7) and San Diego State is 11th (90.3).
Of San Diego State’s 13 games that accepted bets, seven have finished over the O/U total, while 8 of Boise State’s 16 games have finished over the O/U total. The Broncos have the better straight up (SU) record (14-3 vs. 11-4), but both teams have comparable against the spread (ATS) records. Boise State is 10-6, while San Diego State is 9-4 ATS.
Both teams have had a player heat up over their last five games. For the Aztecs, it’s been McDaniels, who has averaged 12.4 points and 8.4 rebounds, while the Broncos have received great contributions from Hutchison (23.6 points, 7.4 rebounds and 2.2 steals).
This is the first time these teams will go head-to-head this year. Each won one of the two games played against each other last season. In the last contest, the Aztecs won 87-68. The Aztecs dominated every facet of the game. They had a ridiculous offensive rebounding percentage of 41.9 and an absurd free throw rate of 0.377. For those same stats, the Broncos had marks of 17.2 and 0.255, respectively.
San Diego State Aztecs at Boise State Broncos Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Boise State, ATS Winner – Boise State, O/U – Over
- San Diego State is 4-3 ATS on the road with 6 overs and 1 under.
- Boise State is 6-2 ATS at home with 4 overs and 4 unders.
- Boise State averages 25.5 three pointers per game, which ranks 54th in the nation. San Diego State ranks 187th in three pointers allowed per game (23.7).
- The Broncos rank 16th in rebounds per game (40.8) while the Aztecs rank 86th in rebounds allowed per game (33.7).
- San Diego State ranks 65th in steals per game (7.1) while Boise State ranks 74th in steals allowed per game (5.9).
- Boise State is 4-1 ATS with 4 overs and 1 under in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, San Diego State is 4-1 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs.
- The Broncos average margin of victory in their last five games has been 12.8, down from 12.8 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Aztecs have scored an average of 76.4 points per game (1.7 below their season average) and allowed an average of 65.6 points per game (0.9 above their season average).