The leagues top scoring defense will be a 1-point favorite on the road at Capital One Arena, when the San Antonio Spurs (43-31) square off with the Washington Wizards (40-33). The games Over/Under (O/U) opened at 200.5 points and it can be seen on Fox Sports – Southwest at 7 p.m. ET on Tuesday, March 27, 2018.
San Antonio Spurs vs. Washington Wizards Betting Odds
Both teams were beaten in their last matchup. The Wizards lost to the New York Knicks, 101-97, while the Spurs lost a winnable game to the Milwaukee Bucks, 106-103.
San Antonio had an offensive rebounding percentage of 41.7 (above their season average of 23.5) while Washington did a fantastic job of making free throws (17-23; 73.9 percent). Washington was led by Otto Porter Jr. who finished with 13 points and 10 rebounds. Meanwhile, LaMarcus Aldridge played a pivotal role for San Antonio with 34 points and seven rebounds.
Getting to the line might be scarce for Washington in this matchup. The Wizards rank 13th in the league with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.201, while San Antonio ranks first in FTA rate allowed (0.167).
Games including the Spurs have a slight tendency to go under the total (54.1 percent). San Antonio comes into the contest with records of 43-31 straight up (SU) and 38-32-4 against the spread (ATS).
A little over half of Wizards games have also finished under the total. Moreover, Washington owns records of 40-33 SU and 32-39-2 ATS.
Aldridge has really been playing well recently for San Antonio, averaging 33.8 points, 9.4 rebounds and 2.0 blocks over the last five games.
In their first matchup this season, Aldridge led the Spurs to a 98-90 win. He was the games leading scorer with 27 points. San Antonio covered as a 6-point favorite and the two teams combined to put up 188 points, which was under the projected point total of 202. The Spurs offensive rebounding percentage was their biggest advantage over the Wizards. San Antonio had a rate of 31.6, while Washington posted a mark of 23.1.
San Antonio Spurs at Washington Wizards ATS Pick
NBA Prediction: SU Winner – Spurs, ATS Winner – Spurs, O/U – Under
- The Wizards rank 16th in fast break points per game (11.4) while the Spurs rank 17th in fast break points allowed per game (12.1).
- San Antonio ranks fourth in blocks per game (5.6) while Washington ranks 23rd (4.3).
- The Spurs rank fifth in three pointers allowed per game (26.5) while the Wizards rank 13th (29.0).
- Washington ranks 10th in steals per game (8.0) while San Antonio ranks 17th in steals allowed per game (7.7).
- San Antonio averages 43.9 points in the paint per game, which ranks 17th in the NBA. Washington ranks 18th in points allowed in the paint per game (45.6).
- The Spurs average 13.1 second chance points per game, which ranks 10th in the NBA. The Wizards rank 24th in second chance points allowed per game (13.2).
- The Spurs rank eighth in rebounds per game (44.4) while the Wizards rank 12th in rebounds allowed per game (42.5).
- Washington ranks fifth in assists per game (24.9) while San Antonio ranks 15th (22.8).
- In games where they hold opponents below 100 points, Washington is 18-4 and San Antonio is 29-10.
- The Spurs are 33-11 when they score over 100 points, while the Wizards are 37-18.
- San Antonio is 15-19-3 ATS on the road, while Washington is 12-23-2 ATS at home.
- The Spurs have 22 unders, 14 overs and 1 push in 37 road games.
- The Wizards have 18 overs, 17 unders and 2 pushes in 37 home games.
- The Spurs are 4-1 ATS over their last five games, while the Wizards are 1-4.
- In their last five games, San Antonio has 3 overs and 2 unders, while Washington has 3 unders and 2 overs.
- The Spurs average margin of victory in their last five games has been 7.8, up from 3.2 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Wizards have scored an average of 104.2 points per game (2.8 below their season average) and allowed an average of 106.6 points per game (0.6 above their season average).