The San Antonio Spurs (43-30), the NBA’s top scoring defense, will clash against the Milwaukee Bucks (38-34) at BMO Harris Bradley Center. Action begins at 3:30 p.m. ET on Sunday, March 25, 2018, and can be seen on Fox Sports Net Wisconsin.
San Antonio Spurs at Milwaukee Bucks ATS Odds
Both teams were victorious over their last opponent. The Bucks defeated the Chicago Bulls 118-105, while the Spurs beat the Utah Jazz 124-120.
The Spurs held the Jazz to an offensive rebounding percentage of 11.6 (below their season average of 21.1) and had a better turnover percentage (11.1 vs. 13.0). Meanwhile, Milwaukee’s 5.0 turnover percentage was their biggest strength over Chicago, who had a mark of 12.6. The Bucks mark was better than their season average of 12.5. Milwaukee rallied around Shabazz Muhammad, who recorded 21 points and five rebounds. LaMarcus Aldridge played well for San Antonio, putting up 45 points and nine rebounds.
Half-court execution will be of utmost importance when two of the NBA’s slowest-paced teams battle. Milwaukee currently ranks 26th in possessions per game (97.5) and San Antonio is 29th (96.8).
Games featuring the Spurs have gone under the total 54.8 percent of the time. San Antonio heads into the contest with records of 43-30 straight up (SU) and 38-31-4 against the spread (ATS).
Of the Bucks’ 72 games, 38 have finished over the projected point total. Additionally, Milwaukee owns records of 38-34 SU and 29-38-5 ATS.
Aldridge has been on fire as of late for San Antonio, averaging 29.6 points, 9.0 rebounds and 1.4 blocks over the last five games.
In their first matchup this season, Giannis Antetokounmpo led the Bucks to a 94-87 win. He registered a double-double with 28 points and 12 rebounds. The two teams combined for 181 points, which was well under the projected point total of 203.5, and Milwaukee covered as a 5-point underdog. The Bucks 12.0 turnover percentage was their largest advantage over the Spurs, who had a rate of 17.5.
San Antonio Spurs vs. Milwaukee Bucks Odds Pick
NBA Tip: SU Winner – Bucks, ATS Winner – Bucks, O/U – Over
- The Spurs rank 13th in assists per game (22.9) while the Bucks rank 17th in assists allowed per game (23.3).
- San Antonio ranks ninth in rebounds per game (44.3) while Milwaukee ranks last (39.4).
- The Bucks rank second in fast break points allowed per game (9.7) while the Spurs rank 17th (11.9).
- Milwaukee ranks fourth in steals per game (8.6) while San Antonio ranks 18th (7.5).
- Milwaukee averages 46.4 points in the paint per game, which ranks eighth in the league. San Antonio ranks 12th in points allowed in the paint per game (43.5).
- The Spurs rank 10th in second chance points per game (13.0) while the Bucks rank 29th (10.4).
- The Spurs rank fifth in three pointers allowed per game (26.5) while the Bucks rank ninth (27.2).
- Milwaukee ranks fifth in blocks per game (5.4) while San Antonio ranks second in blocks allowed per game (3.9).
- Milwaukee ranks third in points off turnovers per game (18.2) while San Antonio ranks 20th (16.2).
- In games where they allow under 100 points, San Antonio is 29-10 and Milwaukee is 16-5.
- The Spurs are 33-10 when they score above 100 points, while the Bucks are 32-18.
- Milwaukee is 11-23-3 ATS at home, while San Antonio is 15-18-3 ATS on the road.
- In 36 road games, the Spurs have 22 unders, 13 overs and 1 push.
- In 37 home games, the Bucks have 19 overs, 17 unders and 1 push.
- The Spurs are 5-0 ATS over their last five games, while the Bucks are 1-4.
- In their last five games, San Antonio has 3 unders and 2 overs, while Milwaukee has 5 overs.
- During their last five games, the Spurs have scored an average of 105.2 points per game (2.8 above their season average) and allowed an average of 95.8 points per game (3.3 below their season average).
- The Bucks’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 1.0, up from 0.3 for the season.