It figures to be a high-scoring affair as the San Antonio Spurs (42-30), 6-point underdogs, visit Houston to take on the Rockets (45-27). The game’s Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 221 points and it can be seen on ATTSN Southwest at 8 p.m. ET on Friday, March 22, 2019.
San Antonio Spurs vs. Houston Rockets ATS Odds
Both teams lost as favorites in their last game. The Spurs (6-point favorites) were defeated by the Miami Heat, 110-105, while the Rockets (5.5-point favorites) fell to the Memphis Grizzlies, 126-125. Both games went over their projected point totals. The San Antonio game went 3.5 points over the projected point total of 211.5, while the Houston game finished 36 points over the projected point total of 215.
San Antonio held Miami to an offensive rebounding percentage of 14.3 (below their season average of 25.6) while Houston had a better turnover percentage (10.5 vs. 13.8). Houston rallied around James Harden, who contributed 57 points, eight assists and seven rebounds. DeMar DeRozan played a pivotal role for San Antonio with 16 points, 15 rebounds and six assists.
The Rockets lead the season series two games to one. In their most recent game, the two teams combined to put up 209 points, which was under the projected point total of 217. Houston won 108-101, covering as a 5-point favorite. Houston won the rebounding battle. The Rockets had 19 offensive rebounds and 58 total rebounds, while the Spurs had five and 43, respectively. Harden put up a double-double in the victory with 39 points and 10 assists.
Spurs matchups have typically finished over the total (55.6 percent). San Antonio heads into the game with records of 42-30 straight up (SU) and 40-31-1 against the spread (ATS).
Games featuring the Rockets have gone over the O/U total 50.0 percent of the time. Moreover, Houston is 45-27 SU and 33-37-2 ATS.
It might turn into a high-scoring affair as a pair of the NBA’s best offenses square off. Houston ranks second with 112.6 points per 100 possessions and San Antonio is fifth (111.4).
San Antonio Spurs vs. Houston Rockets Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Rockets, ATS Winner – Rockets, O/U – Under
- The Spurs rank 20th in rebounds per game (44.5) while the Rockets rank 26th (41.5).
- Houston ranks first in three pointers attempted per game (44.8) while San Antonio ranks last (24.9).
- The Rockets rank seventh in points off turnovers per game (18.2) while the Spurs rank 29th (14.3).
- Houston ranks 15th in second chance points per game (13.2) while San Antonio ranks 28th (11.6).
- Houston ranks 18th in fast break points per game (11.9) while San Antonio ranks 25th (10.4).
- The Rockets rank fifth in steals per game (8.7) while the Spurs rank last (6.1).
- The Spurs rank 16th in assists per game (24.4) while the Rockets rank 28th (21.1).
- San Antonio ranks fourth in blocks allowed per game (4.2) while Houston ranks ninth (4.6).
- San Antonio ranks sixth in points allowed in the paint per game (46.7) while Houston ranks 28th (51.8).
- Houston is 12-2 when they allow under 100 points, while San Antonio is 13-3.
- The Rockets are 42-19 when they reach 100 points, while the Spurs are 41-19.
- San Antonio is 16-18-1 ATS on the road, while Houston is 19-16-1 ATS at home.
- The total has gone over in 23 of the Spurs’ 35 road games, while 21 of the Rockets’ 36 home games have gone over.
- In their last five games, San Antonio and Houston have both had 4 unders and 1 over.
- The Spurs are 4-1 ATS over their last five games, while the Rockets are 2-3.
- The Spurs’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 7.8, up from 1.5 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Rockets have scored an average of 115.0 points per game (1.8 above their season average) and allowed an average of 108.2 points per game (1.9 below their season average).