The Golden State Warriors (50-14) and the San Antonio Spurs (37-27) face off at ORACLE Arena. The Warriors look to continue their six-game winning streak. The Over/Under (O/U) for the game opened at 222 points with Golden State set as a 12-point favorite. Action starts at 10:30 p.m. ET on Thursday March 8 2018.
San Antonio Spurs at Golden State Warriors Betting Preview
The last time the Spurs played they barely escaped the Memphis Grizzlies 100-98. Tony Parker was the top scorer from either team with 23 points on 10-for-14 shooting. The Spurs knocked down 24 of their 31 free throws (77.4 percent), while the Grizzlies had a turnover percentage of 19.2 (above their season average of 13.6).
The Warriors will look to maintain momentum after beating the Brooklyn Nets in their last contest 114-101. With 34 points on 12-for-20 shooting Stephen Curry was the game’s high scorer. Golden State made 11 of their 23 three pointers (47.8 percent), while Brooklyn was 9-34 (26.5 percent).
This showdown pits one of the league’s top offenses against one of its elite defenses. Golden State currently ranks first in offensive efficiency and San Antonio is second in defensive efficiency.
Of San Antonio’s 64 games 33 have finished under the O/U total while 33 of Golden State’s 64 games have finished over the projected point total. The Warriors hold the significant advantage straight up (SU) (50-14 vs. 37-27), but the Spurs have the superior against the spread (ATS) record (31-29-4 vs. 27-34-3).
These two teams have already met twice this year with the Warriors winning both. Kyle Anderson recorded 20 points and six rebounds in the most recent matchup in which the Spurs lost 122-105 unable to cover as 10-point underdogs. The two teams combined to score 227 points which was 8.5 points above the projected point total of 218.5 points. The Warriors dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a fantastic effective field goal percentage of 0.635 and a solid offensive rebounding percentage of 32.4. The Spurs had marks of 0.484 and 25.0 respectively for those same stats.
San Antonio Spurs vs. Golden State Warriors Prediction
Pick: SU Winner – Warriors ATS Winner – Spurs O/U – Under
- The Warriors rank 12th in three pointers attempted per game (29.7) while the Spurs rank 27th (24.4).
- San Antonio averages 43.4 points in the paint per game which ranks 18th in the NBA. Golden State ranks 23rd in points allowed in the paint per game (47.0).
- San Antonio ranks 16th in steals allowed per game (7.9) while Golden State ranks 29th (8.9).
- San Antonio is 14-16-3 ATS on the road with 19 unders 13 overs and 1 push.
- Golden State is 13-17-2 ATS at home with 16 overs and 16 unders.
- When allowing below 100 points San Antonio is 25-10 and Golden State is 13-2.
- The Warriors are 47-10 when they score more than 100 points while the Spurs are 30-9.
- The Warriors rank first in assists per game (30.5) while the Spurs rank 14th (22.8).
- Golden State ranks first in fast break points per game (20.7) while San Antonio ranks 23rd (10.0).
- The Spurs average 12.8 second chance points per game which ranks 11th in the league. The Warriors rank 29th in second chance points allowed per game (13.6).
- The Warriors rank first in blocks per game (7.8) while the Spurs rank fourth (5.6).
- San Antonio ranks 11th in points off turnovers allowed per game (15.5) while Golden State ranks 28th (18.9).
- Golden State is 2-2-1 ATS with 4 unders and 1 over in their last five games.
- Over their last five games San Antonio is 2-3 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders.
- The Warriors’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 14.4 up from 8.6 for the season.
- During their last five games the Spurs have scored an average of 111.4 points per game (9.1 above their season average) and allowed an average of 110.2 points per game (10.8 above their season average).