The San Antonio Spurs (1-3) will attempt to stave off elimination when they travel to ORACLE Arena to go head-to-head with the Golden State Warriors (3-1) in game five of the First Round of the Western Conference Playoffs. The Warriors opened as 11-point favorites. The game’s Over/Under (O/U) opened at 204.5 points and it can be seen on Fox Sports – Southwest at 10:30 p.m. ET on Tuesday, April 24, 2018.
San Antonio Spurs vs. Golden State Warriors ATS Odds
In game four, Aldridge led the Spurs to a 103-90 victory. He notched a double-double with 22 points and 10 rebounds. The two teams combined for 193 points, which was under the projected point total of 206.5, and San Antonio covered as a 5.5-point underdog. The Spurs’ 8.2 turnover percentage was their biggest strength over the Warriors, who had a rate of 14.1.
This showdown pits one of the NBA’s top offenses against one of its elite defenses. Golden State ranks second in offensive efficiency and San Antonio ranks fourth in defensive efficiency. Also, the Spurs rank fifth in turnover percentage (13.0 percent), while the Warriors rank 23rd in opponents’ turnover percentage (13.0 percent).
Of the Spurs’ 86 games, 44 have finished under the total. San Antonio holds records of 48-38 straight up (SU) and 42-40-4 against the spread (ATS).
Unlike San Antonio, a little over half of Warriors games have finished over the O/U total. Golden State is 61-25 SU, but they have a hard time covering the spread (36-47-3 ATS).
San Antonio Spurs vs. Golden State Warriors Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Warriors, ATS Winner – Spurs, O/U – Under
- The Warriors rank first in blocks per game (7.3) while the Spurs rank fifth (5.5).
- Golden State ranks first in fast break points per game (19.0) while San Antonio ranks 23rd (10.2).
- The Warriors rank first in assists per game (29.2) while the Spurs rank 19th (22.6).
- San Antonio ranks 12th in steals allowed per game (7.5) while Golden State ranks 29th (8.7).
- Golden State ranks fourth in rebounds allowed per game (42.1) while San Antonio ranks 12th (42.8).
- The Spurs rank seventh in points off turnovers allowed per game (15.0) while the Warriors rank 28th (18.5).
- The Warriors rank 16th in three pointers attempted per game (28.9) while the Spurs rank 26th (24.3).
- San Antonio ranks ninth in second chance points per game (13.1) while Golden State ranks 29th (10.3).
- San Antonio is 33-10 when they allow less than 100 points, while Golden State is 17-5.
- When scoring above 100 points, the Spurs are 37-15 and the Warriors are 58-15.
- Golden State is 17-24-2 ATS at home, while San Antonio is 15-25-3 ATS on the road.
- The total has gone over in 21 of the Warriors’ 43 home games, while 22 of the Spurs’ 43 road games have gone under.
- The Warriors are 3-2 ATS over their last five games, while the Spurs are 1-4.
- In their last five games, Golden State has 2 overs, 2 unders and 1 push, while San Antonio has 3 overs, 1 under and 1 push.
- During their last five games, the Warriors have scored an average of 101.6 points per game (11.6 below their season average) and allowed an average of 102.4 points per game (4.7 below their season average).
- The Spurs have been outscored by an average of 12.0 points in their last five games. On the season, San Antonio has defeated opponents by an average of 2.3 points.